Green River Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education. Green River’s accreditation was reaffirmed in 2010.
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100
Redmond, Washington 98052-3981
Reports from Green River to the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- 2013 Comprehensive Year Seven Evaluation Report
- 2011 Year One Report
- 2008 Fifth-Year Regular Interim Report
- 2007 Focused Interim Report
- 2005 Focused Interim Report
- 2003 Self-Study
Reports from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities to Green River
- 2011 NWCCU Response to Year One Report
- 2008 NWCCU Response to Five-Year Regular Interim Report
- 2007 NWCCU Response to Focused Interim Report
- 2005 NWCCU Response to Focused Interim Report
- 2003 NWCCU Response to Self-Study
Recent Commendations and Recommendations:
Reports to Comply with Washington State Quality Awards Standards
State agencies, including colleges, are required to engage in continuous quality improvement efforts under Washington State Quality Awards (WSQA) as required by RCW 43.17.390. Community and technical colleges satisfy WSQA standards through participation in Northwest Commission on College and University Accreditation (NWCCU).
Program Accreditation & Industry Certification
In addition to the institution being accredited, several Professional Technical Programs have earned special accreditation or recognition in their field of specialty.
For more information on the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities go to: http://www.nwccu.org/