Strategic Planning at Green River
Green River Community College bases its strategic planning on environmental scanning and collaborative input, which will help the College fulfill its mission in the next seven year planning and accreditation cycle.
Our current institutional Strategic Plan is pending Board of Trustees approval in March 2013, which will encompass the years 2013 - 2020. It was based on current and historical data derived from college sources, economic studies, student evaluations, market analyses, and best practices in higher education.
The 2013-2020 Strategic Plan accomplished the following:
- Addressed the long-term vision established by the Board of Trustees
- Revised the mission and values of the College
- Reaffirmed the core themes
- Set achievable and verifiable objectives for each of the core themes
- Established the criteria by which mission fulfillment will be evaluated and asserted
- Provided a framework for the evaluation and continuous improvement of the College as set forth in the Standards of the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Served as a guide to mission fulfillment for each member of the College
The planning process comprised a series of four strategic planning team meetings between August 2012 and March 2013. The final planning document was completed in March 2013. The process was guided by the Green River Strategic Planning and Assessment Steering Committee (made up of staff leadership) and a 50-person planning team consisting of faculty, staff, students and community representatives.
Board of Trustees strategic planning
- September 25, 2012
Strategic Planning and Assessment Team
Meetings will be held in the Lindbloom Student Center Glacier Room. Meeting dates are:
- October 16, 2012
- November 28, 2012
- December 19, 2012
- January 23, 2012
To request additional information or for questions about the strategic planning process, please contact Vickie Sheehan.