Incidents prompt Safety campus community notification
Campus Safety notified the college community this week of two incidents affecting Green River's main campus. The first incident, a theft, occurred Oct. 23. The second, a robbery, occurred Oct. 24. Fred Creek, the director of campus safety and transportation, reported the incidents in emails to campus.
Auburn Police has been contacted about both incidents. If you have any information about the theft or robbery, please call Campus Safety at 253-288-3350.
Projector and camera theft
On Oct. 23 between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. a Caucasian male in his mid-20s entered Salish Hall room 254 and stole a data projector and document camera.
The suspect had a short medium brown beard and a slight build. He was wearing a ball cap and baggy clothing.
On Oct. 24 at 1:20 p.m. a student reported to Campus Safety that while waiting to be picked up on the northeast corner of the intersection of 122nd and 320th (across from the METRO bus stop) she was robbed of her laptop that she was holding. Description of the suspect was a Caucasian male in his early 20's with a slim build wearing a black hoodie, light blue jeans and tennis shoes.
Creek reminded the campus community to immediately call Campus Safety if you see someone removing equipment from campus facilities you do not recognize as Green River staff or anyone acting suspiciously or that appears to be out of place.
To keep yourself safe, please follow these crime prevention tips:
- Don't walk alone
- Carry your laptop and other electronics in a bag
- Students may utilize the Safety Ride program 253-797-4868
- Don't wear ear buds while walking. IPhones have white ear buds indicative of Apple products; robbers know this and key in on these victims.
- Walk away from suspicious people
- Ensure your iPhone and other electronic devices is password protected, and you download the "Find my iPhone" program