Stay healthy! Flu season underway
Flu season is underway! Flu activity is increasing in Washington state, and is expected to peak in January or February. Local emergency departments have reported increases in the number of flu cases across all age groups. The college wants you, your family, friends and co-workers to stay healthy this flu season.
Follow these ideas to help you stay healthy:
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Wash your hands frequently. Use soap and water or alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- Cover your mouth of you sneeze or cough, then immediately wash your hands
- Get a flu shot. This is the single best way to protect yourself, your family and friends and co-workers from the flu. To find free or low-cost flu vaccine in King County, call the Family Health Hotline at 1-800-322-2588 or visit ParentHelp123.org.
- Stay home if you think you might be sick
- Drink plenty of water
- See your doctor if you think you may have the flu or a cold