Bus lines that serve Green River among those in King County’s planned service cuts
King County Metro plans tor reduce service to its 164 and 181 bus routes.
Temporary funding for Metro Transit is set to expire in June. If a solution is not finalized before then, Metro Transit must prepare to cancel 74 bus routes and reduce service on another 107 routes beginning in September 2014.
Among the routes affected are the 164 and 181 routes, which serve Green River Community College.
Three months of public meetings are planned prior to the King County Council's consideration next spring of the proposed service cuts that would have to begin as soon as next June. The following public meetings are scheduled at this time:
- Federal Way: Wednesday, Nov. 20, 6-8 p.m., Federal Way Community Center
- West Seattle: Tuesday, Dec. 3, 6-8 p.m., Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
- North Seattle: Thursday, Dec. 5, 6-8 p.m., North Seattle Community College
- Downtown Seattle: Tuesday, Dec. 10, noon-2 p.m., Union Station
- Bellevue: Wednesday, Dec. 11, 6-8 p.m., Bellevue City Hall
- Kent: Monday, Dec. 16, 6-8 p.m., Kent Commons
- Kirkland: Thursday, Jan. 16, 6-8 p.m., Peter Kirk Community Center
- Southeast Seattle: Thursday, Jan. 23, 6-8 p.m., South Shore K-8
- North King County: Monday, Jan. 27, 6-8 p.m., Lake Forest Park City Hall
Riders with questions or comments can visit Metro's service cuts page for more information. On social media channels, riders can use #KCMetroCuts to join the conversation.