City of Auburn recognizes Green River employees for their service to veterans
Mayor Pete Lewis awarded seven Green River employees with Service to Veterans awards at the City of Auburn's Jan. 6 council chamber meeting.
The award recognized the facility and staff of Green River Community College for their contributions and support that they have provided to student veterans and their families at the college.
"[The recipients] have contributed greatly to the success of hundreds of students transitioning back home and into our community," said Lewis. "They have remained a champion for supporting our veterans and the entire City of Auburn thanks them for leading the charge and for wrapping their arms around our heroes."
Congratulations to the following recipients for their efforts in supporting Green River student veterans:
- Vice President of Student Affairs/Vice President of Human Resources Dr. Deb Casey
- VA Certifying Official Sandra Mathews
- WorkForce Education Coordinator Sandra Davidson
- Foundation Director of Development Josh Gerstman
- GIS Systems Instructor Sabah Jabbouri
- Psychology Instructor Carsh Wilturner
- Criminal Justice Instructor Ron Riley