Data and Research
Welcome! The tabs below provide institutional data along with research, resources and tool links for many areas of higher education. If you don't easily find what you need, please fill out a data request form, available through the link above.
We appreciate questions, comments or suggestions, please contact IE.
Cross Sectional Data
Annual or quarterly college snapshot or current county, state and federal data.
GREEN RIVER COLLEGE
What's our FTE? Past year's headcount? Student demographics? What are other colleges doing for high-impact results? Explore here...
What's the land area or persons per square mile of our county? What's the median household income? Explore here...
How does King County compare to Washington State? What's our unemployment rate? How does our college enrollment compare with other state colleges by core theme? Explore here...
- SBCTC Enrollment Reports * Assessment Teaching and Learning * Course Coding Guidlines
- Census Quick Facts: Washington * King County compared to Washington State
- State Employment Security Department: Washington State Unemployment Rates * Monthly Employment Report * Labor Market S & D
- Results Washington: Resources - Learn About LEAN!
Can I visually see the cenus demographic data of south King County? What's the latest on the measles outbreak? Explore here...
- Population Data: U.S. Population Clock/Population Estimates
- U.S. Census: Census Explorer Interactive Map by Select Measures
- University of Virginia: Racial Dot Map
- Census Data: Visualization Gallery
- CDC: Diseases and Conditions
- Ciser Data Archive Internet data sources for social scientists compiled by Cornell University
Core Theme Resources
Faculty lead innovation? Blog on CBD? Improve the STEM experience? Research concerning students completing?? Explore here...
- Gates Foundation: Faculty and Innovation
- POLICY DIRECT: Postsecondary Education Research Database
- Achieving the Dream
- Completion by Design: BLOG * Knowledge Center
- Open Washington
- Berkley: Creating Inclusive Classrooms * Center for Studies in Higher Education
- Global Lives Project
- Duke: Diversity Toolkit
- What Works Clearinghouse
- Data.gov Education
- Education Commission of the States: Community/Technical Colleges Research and Readings
- William T Grant Foundation: The New Forgotten Half and Research Directions to Support Them
- TERC: Get Outside
- 3CSN: LINKS
- NACADA: Clearinghouse Community College Resources
- RTI: Community College Student Success
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Student outcomes in CTE? Math-in-CTE research? Pathway analysis? Explore here...
- National Research Center for Career and Technical Education: Professional Development that Works * Perkins Collaborative Resource Network
- National Center for Innovation in Career and Technical Education
- Association for Career and Technical Education: CTE Clearinghouse * Postsecondary Education Resources
- Edutopia: Career and Technical Education Research Roundup
- Career and Technical Education Consortium: Research From the Field
COLLEGE READINESS EDUCATION
Where can I find an online database concerning college readiness? Find resources for ESOL? Explore here...
- ACT: Research
- National Center for Postsecondary Research
- American Institutes for Research: Pathways to College Online Library * Career and College Readiness Keywork
- Community College Research Center: Shifting Gears
- National College Transition Network
- Getting Past Go: Diigo
- ERIC Research and Teaching in Developmental Education
- Literacy Information and Communication System
- System for Adult Basic Education Support
- OCTAEL: Community Partners for Adult Learning
- BEDA Washington State Basic Education for Adults
- We Use Math
COMMUNITY AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
Links to the the latest research concerning community colleges, education and pedagogy.
What are the findings of research concerning community college students who complete credits but not degrees? What are high-impact practices? Research concerning change? Explore here...
- Community College Research Center: Lingerers in the Community College * Workforce Development at the Community College
- American Association of Community Colleges: Digital Journal * Data Points
- League for Innovations: iSTREAM * Publications
- Gates Foundation, Lumina Foundation and CCCSE Research: Identifying and Promoting High-Impact Educational Practices in Community Colleges
- The Boston Foundation: Stepping Up for Community Colleges
- The Aspen Institute: Education Research
- Lumina Foundation: BEYOND FiNANCIAL AID
Want a link added or to share research? Send it to: Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
How has the college enrollment rate immediately following high school graduation varied over time? Explore ies...
What's happening with the road map project in south King County? Explore here...
What do faculty think about learning tools? Digital Humanities? Benchmark IT? Harvard and Distance Learning? Explore here...
- NULab: Digital Humanities * Gender and Professor
- Inside Higher Ed: Gates Surveys Faculty Attitudes
- Educause: Research and Publications
- edX: Research & Pedagogy
- Edutopia: Technology Integration * Blended Classrooms
- Journalism: Diversity Game
- Georgetown University: Cultural Awareness
- Mind Tools
- Yale: Center for Emotional Intelligence
- National Science Foundation: Data * Discoveries
- Annenburg Foundation: Learner
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Federal Registry for Educational Excellence Free Resources Database
- American Bar Association: Teaching Resources
- Promethean Planet: Postsecondary
- Classroom Aid
- GettingSmart: Resources
- Canvas Help Center
- OER Commons Postsecondary
- National Council for Social Studies
- Biotechnology Educational Resources
- Geotech Center
- Natural Resources
- TED Talks