Teaching & Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is committed to providing professional development opportunities for all employees, including classified and exempt staff. The TLC will offer two main types of faculty professional development opportunities, and all scheduled sessions are open to full-time and adjunct instructors.
- What Works Forum: These will be hour long, informal sessions, in which participants dialogue about their teaching with their colleagues. The focus of these sessions will vary from specific topics, such as student groups or writing exams to discussions of our current classes.
- Workshops: Workshops will be more formal sessions that are facilitated by different faculty members on campus. These will focus on specific topics that will help faculty in the classroom. Julie Moore will coordinate these.
Spring Quarter 2014
- Who Are We: Black Students -- Video of Full Event Video of Student Testimonials
- Who Are We: Pacific Islanders -- Download Power Point
Fall Quarter 2013
- Science and Feminism: Sex/Gender in Evolutionary Theorizing by lecturer Dr Lynn Hankinson-Nelson, professor, UW Seattle -- Download video
- Japanese American History: From Immigration to Internment -- Download Video
- Power Point: Basics and Beyond! - Download video
Spring Quarter 2013
Winter Quarter 2013
Fall Quarter 2012
- Returning Veterans on College Campuses - In-Service Day - Download video
Spring Quarter 2012
- May 23, 2012 - Who Are We? Trangender - Moderator: Lori Vail
Winter Quarter 2012
- January 11, 2012 - 2pm to 3pm - Faculty Lecture: GIS in the Cloud for Education
Download PDF Presentation
Fall Quarter 2011
- October 6, 2011 - 2pm to 3:30pm - Theoretical Voices on Diversity: Fall Focus - Critical Multiculturalism - Download PDF Presentation
- October 11, 2011 - 2pm to 3pm - Faculty Lecture: Death, Dying and Denial: Thinking Outside the Pine Box. - Video | Campus News Story
- October 19 - 2pm to 3pm - Who Are We? Mixed Race - Download PDF Presentation | Discussion Questions | Poem - Much Like a Self Portrait
The TLC is located in the Technology Center in room TC 210.
(253) 833-9111 ext. 4206
Julie Moore teaches English at Green River College. She has also been the Chairperson for the Learning Outcomes Committee. She got her BA in English at the University of Puget Sound and her MA in English at Western Washington University. She loves the out of doors; biking and horseback riding are amongst her favorite activities while not at work.