Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing (AAM)
Degrees & Certificates:
- Certificate of Proficiency in Machine Maintenance 1
- Certificate of Proficiency in Machine Maintenance 2
- Certificate of Proficiency in Principles of Precision Machining 1
- Certificate of Proficiency in Principles of Precision Machining 2
- Certificate of Proficiency in Quality Assurance 1
- Certificate of Proficiency in Quality Assurance 2
- Paul Mueller
- Pat Pritchard
- Tom Tagliente
- Terry Waagan
Quality Assurance & Inspection
Brand new in 2012, three state-of-the-art training programs provide a stepping stone in the pathway to careers in the aerospace and advanced manufacturing industries. In just 20 weeks, you can learn the skills required for a high-demand aerospace or advanced manufacturing job related to one of three areas: Precision Machining, Machine Maintenance, and Quality Assurance. You can use the training to break into the industry and then with experience and more training, advance into high-wage career opportunities.
The programs are using fresh curriculum that is industry-driven and aligns directly to job knowledge, skills, and abilities identified by the aerospace and advanced manufacturing industry. Boeing and several supply chain partners have given their input on the curriculum and approve of its content.
The college will have brand new computer numerical controlled (CNC) machines as well as new state-of-the-art pneumatic and hydraulic training stations for you to learn on. You'll see and experience the clean, modern workspace of advanced manufacturing that involves easy to use technology.
Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing companies
- 18 years of age
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (self identified): Windows, Internet, E-mail
- Compass placement scores as reflected below:
- Math: Compass Algebra score of 26 or above (Math 072 placement)
- Reading: Compass Reading score of 76 or above (Reading 104 placement)
- Writing: Compass Writing Score of 40 or above (English 081 placement
You must be able to understand verbal and written communications.
Two quarters, 400 hours
Books and other Resources vary; expect an outlay of $3-500 or more
Good math and computer skills, plus good interpersonal skills perfect attendance contribute highly to success in the program
These are self-support certificate credit programs designed with extensive input from industry partners to ensure continuous high relevancy to the current job market
Employment Outlook is better than average with jobs in the $11-$18+/hr range, DOE