Engineering students from Green River College are setting the academic bar at top universities around the country.
Despite the academic rigor – or perhaps because of it – the Engineering program at Green River is the second most requested program at the college for students from around the world.
Green River College’s Engineering Program has three major-ready pathways for students:
These pathways are designed to make students transfer-ready at selected four-year universities and reduce the time it takes for students to earn a degree.
Available areas of focus for your Associate in Science Transfer Degree (AST-2) include:
- Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Aeronautical Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Biological Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Chemical Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Civil Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Computer Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Electrical Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Industrial Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Material Science Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Mechanical Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
- Other Pre-Engineering - AS-T-Opt 2 MRP
You may enter Green River's Engineering program or specific class at the beginning of any quarter as space is available.
Complete an application to Green River College, complete the COMPASS assessment, and meet with an advisor.
A background in mathematics will be helpful, but courses are available for the student who needs to review or develop the necessary skills in mathematics, reading, English, and study skills.
For those pursuing an Associate in Applied Science Transfer degree, it generally takes two years or six quarters to complete all of the degree requirements. For those who need to improve their existing basic skills it will take longer to complete.