Courses at Auburn Center
Welcome to the Auburn Center
The Auburn Center offers a variety of credit and non-credit classes serving the needs of the Auburn community and surrounding Auburn area.
- Washington Environmental Training Center (WETRC)
- Washington Certification Services (WCS)
- Continuing Education (CE)
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Small Business Assistance Center (SBAC)
The community-based Auburn Center offers a personalized environment to students seeking degrees or personal enrichment, and to businesses who send employees to the campus for business training.
Whether you dream about becoming an airline pilot, sitting in the control tower or want to learn the business of air transportation, our aviation program can make it reality. You can select from seven associate degrees and a bachelor of applied science to prepare you to meet the challenges of the evolving aviation industry.
- Associate in Applied Science Degrees
- Air Traffic Control
- Air Transportation
- Airline Dispatch Airport Management
- Commercial Pilot Professional Pilot (with pilot's license)
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Aeronautical Science
- Flight Operations Track (Approved for R-ATP)
- Aviation Operations Management Track
Adult Basic Education
Our Basic Skills program is for adults who may have experienced educational gaps, missed the opportunity to develop certain skills or missed necessary steps in their education.
Green River offers General Educational Development preparation classes to help you successfully pass the GED® exam. GED® classes are $25 per quarter, and are offered on and off campus during the day and in the evening.
Registration is the process by which you schedule classes at the beginning of each quarter.
Review upcoming schedules for all Green River classes.
View all of the online courses available.
Continuing Education courses are for working professionals who require addtional job training, individuals looking to complete their higher education goals or simply for those who seek personal enrichment.
- Business and Professional Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Short-term Job Training
- Primetime Institute
- Online Learning
Continuing and Community Education Schedule
Visit Continuing Education
Washington Environmental Training Center:
The Washington Environmental Training Center (WETRC) is anon-profit, self-supported training organization founded in 1974 under the direction of th e Environmental Protection Agency. WETRC provides specialized training and continuingeducation for water or wastewater personnel as well as backflow assembly testers throughout the state of Washington.
Water Supply Technology and Wastewater Technology Programs:
Our associate degree programs prepare students for entry-level employment as water supply or wastewater technicians at the city, county and state level.
- Associate in Applied Science Degrees
- Wastewater Technology
- Water Supply Technology
Washington Certification Services:
Since 1976 Green River College and Washington State Department of Health have been partners in administering drinking water certification program activities. Through its interagency agreements Washington Certification Services is responsible for:
- Administering the State Backflow Assembly Tester (BAT) Certification Program and examinations
- Administering the State Waterworks Operator Professional Growth Program
- Providing training curriculum evaluation and accreditation services to course sponsors
Over 4000 public water systems in Washington are required to have a certified operator to ensure safe and reliable drinking water for our seven million citizens. Backflow Assembly Testers that inspect, test and repair backflow prevention assemblies that protect our public water systems from dangerous contaminants must be certified and demonstrate competency by passing the state's written and performance examinations. Washington Certification Services provides programs, services and resources for drinking water operators and Backflow Assembly Testers that assist them in:
- Attaining state certification
- Meeting continuing education requirements
- Achieving career advancement goals
- Protecting the health of Washington's citizens
Small Business Development Center & Procurement Technical Assistance Center:
The SBAC offers assessment, referral services and business counseling at no charge as well as hands-on training to small business owners and managers.
Hours and Contact
Monday - Thursday:
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
January 16 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) Closed
February 20 (President's Day) Closed
1221 D Street NE
Auburn, WA 98002
Phone: (253) 288-3455
Fax: (253) 288-3469
Click Here For All Green River Contacts