The Worker Retraining program provides funding for dislocated workers who need retraining in order to return to the workforce. The program provides retraining support to individuals who are on: Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits, exhausted UI within the past 24 months, were self-employed, are displaced homemakers, are facing imminent layoffs, and honorably discharged from the military.
You may be eligible for Worker Retraining, if you meet one of the following criterias:
- You are currently receiving unemployment benefits.
- You have exhausted your unemployment benefits within the past 2 years.
- You are a displaced homemaker due to an event that occurred within the past 2 years. E.g. recent divorce, separation or death.
- You have closed down your own business within the past 2 years.
- You have separated from the U.S.Armed Services within the past 2 years with an honorable discharge.
Funding Workshop for New Students
To apply for Worker Retraining funding, sign up to attend a Go 2 College Free Workshop:
If you need assistance please call (253)833-9111 ext 2211
(253)833-9111 Ext 2296
We are located on the Main Campus in the Cedar Hall building (CH-303). Look for CH on the campus map.
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092
Community Resources for Worker Retraining
Community Resources Online (CRO) is the most comprehensive database of health and human services. With more than 6,000 service listings, it is a very effective way to find assistance. For resources like transportation, health clinics, legal help, rent or utilities assistance, food banks, emergency shelters and much more call 2-1-1 to speak to a referral specialist or go to 221kingcounty.org.
Contact some of our community resource partners for assistance with transportation, job search and training.
Go to Neighborhood House for more information