Money for College
Paying for college is a challenge for most students. We can help. Green River provides the following funding options to help eligible students with their college expenses.
Start the Process Today!
If you have questions about these programs or need help filling out the forms, call us today. We want to help you get the money you need to pay for your college education.
Explore your Funding Options:
Federal, state and college-based financial aid is available to our students in the form of grants, loans, work-study jobs and scholarships.
Green River awards a number of scholarships each year to assist students in meeting their educational expenses. Check with your advisor or a financial aid counselor to get more details about applying for these scholarships and to find out about deadlines.
Funding for Career and Technical Education
We provide free and reduced tuition, fees, books and supplies for students who qualify for funding assistance. Please visit Go2CollegeFree.com for more information. Our funding programs serve those who:
- Receive or have exhausted their unemployment benefits.
- Have recently lost their jobs, ended self-employment or received notice of an impending layoff.
- Qualify as low-income.
- Receive food stamps or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- Are divorced, widowed or separated.
- Need additional skills to retain or upgrade their jobs.
For more information, please take our free survey.
Tuition Assistance for Pre-College Programs
We provide a number of low-cost programs to help participants transition to college and build life skills. Our programs serve those who:
- Did not graduate from high school.
- Are interested in taking the General Educational Development exam or GED® preparation classes.
- Want to earn their high school diploma and a college degree, at the same time.
- Need to improve reading, writing or math skills to improve employment options.
- Are speakers of other languages and want to improve their English language skills.
These programs provide reduced tuition for those who qualify. For more information, call the Basic Skills office at ext. 2315. Para español, habla al Tel. (253) 833-9111, ext. 2316.
The G.I. Bill, veteran's assistance and other military education benefits can all be applied to the cost of attending Green River. For more information, call Veterans Services ext. 2449.
Easy Payment Plan (STEP)
Budgeting for college is a challenge these days. Green River wants to help. That is why we are offering an easy payment plan called STEP.
What is STEP?
STEP is a tuition payment plan available to assist students to pay their tuition and fees in three manageable payments, following the payment due dates listed in schedule below and published in the quarterly class schedule:
- 1st payment of $400
- 2nd payment 50% of balance
- 3rd payment is total balance due
STEP is also an option for students who are waiting for their Financial Aid file to be reviewed.
How to sign up and pay:
- Register for classes.
- Register for item number STEP.
This will add the $25 non-refundable STEP enrollment fee to your class schedule.
- Pay 1st payment of $400 within four business days of registering.
- Pay 2nd and 3rd payments by payment due dates listed below:
2013-2014 Payment Schedule:
|Quarter||1st Payment Due||2nd Payment Due||3rd Payment Due|
|Summer 2013||At time of registration||June 10, 2013||July 8, 2013|
|Fall 2013||August 5, 2013||September 9, 2013||October 7, 2013|
|Winter 2014||At time of registration||December 16, 2013||January 13, 2014|
|Spring 2014||At time of registration||March 10, 2014||April 7, 2014|
1st and 2nd payments must be made to the cashier’s office in person or by phone. Third payment/ final payments in full may be made online.
Payments not received by the published due date are subject to the Withdraw/Drop for Lack of Payment policy; you may be withdrawn from unpaid classes without prior notification from the college. Policy is to withdraw in the order of last class added.
- 100% refund of tuition and all fees when a course is cancelled by Green River.
- 100% refund of tuition and fees (minus $25 STEP quarterly enrollment fee) if the student withdraws from classes through the fifth day of the quarter.
- $25 STEP enrollment fee is non-refundable.
If you have any questions, call Enrollment Services at (253) 833-9111 ext. 2500.