The 2014 Commencement ceremony will be at the Kent ShoWare Center on Friday, June 13.
- Graduates may begin checking in at 5:30 p.m.
- Doors open at 6 p.m. for guests.
- Graduate line up at 7 p.m.
- Ceremony will start promptly at 7:30 p.m.
Kent ShoWare Center's large, indoor venue offers enough seating for guests so tickets are not required for family and guests. Seating is fairly close to the floor and sight lines are great.
An email will be sent to graduates who have applied for graduation by the week of May 5. The email will be sent to the student's Green River email account.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com or call the commencement hotline at: 253.833.9111 ext. 4740.
Commencment Speaker Applications are now available in Student Life and must be submitted by May 9th to be considered.
If you are a graduate with a disability, please call Disability Support Services at 253-833-9111 ext. 2646 or visit LC-271 by May 30 to ensure availability for requested accommodations.
For the Graduate
Congratulations on your significant accomplishment! It's time to make plans to attend the commencement ceremony and celebrate your graduation.
Once your graduation application has been processed, your graduation card will be available at the Records Office of Enrollment Services (LC-277) beginning Monday, May 19. Graduates are required to sign the graduation card verifying their degree/certificate and honors. Photo identification is required.
The Enrollment Services office hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday - 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Caps, Gowns and Tassels
Caps, gowns, tassels, announcements and related materials will be available for sale in the PaperTree Bookstore beginning the first week of May. Items may be limited, so be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to pick up what you need. Graduation items may be purchased after you have picked up your graduation card from Enrollment Services. Cards will be available beginning May 19.
Commencement Price List
|Student Cap – Gown – Tassel||$ 24.00|
|Additional Tassels||$ 4.00|
|Cap – Tassel||$ 7.00|
|Single Honor Cord (honors 3.5-3.69)||$ 5.00|
|Double Honor Cord (high honors 3.7-3.89)||$ 9.00|
|Stole (highest honors 3.9+)||$ 20.00|
|Military Cord (red, white, blue)||$ 10.00|
|Announcements||$ 0.99 ea|
|Name Cards (25 per box; 1-week order time)||$ 16.00|
|Shipping for Name Cards||$ 3.95|
|Envelope Seals (25 per sheet)||$ 7.00|
|Thank You Note Cards (25 per box)||$ 14.00|
|Diploma Frames||$ 26.00|
|Diploma Covers||$ 9.50|
|Package (25 announcements, 25 seals, name cards 1 box, 25 thank you cards, 1 diploma cover||$ 65.00|
Flowers will be for sale on the day of the event. Flowers are available beginning at 5 p.m. Look for the rolling carts on either side of the main entrance.
Flower Price List
|Single Rose||$ 5.00|
|Half Dozen Roses||$ 15.00|
|Mixed Bouquet||$ 20.00|
|One Dozen Roses||$ 25.00|
|Orchid Lei||$ 25.00|
In Honor of Our Military Personnel
Military Service Cords We want to provide recognition to Green River’s graduates, faculty, staff and administrators for their military service to our country. A red, white, and blue military service cord will be available for sale ($10.00) at the PaperTree bookstore for graduates, faculty, staff and administrators who meet the eligibility requirements and wish to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Eligibility: Any graduating student, faculty, staff and administrator who are presently serving or who served in the military service.
Any graduating student who has been accepted into a military service delayed entry program.
(253) 833-9111 ext. 2500
or stop by the Enrollment Services office located on the second floor - LC-277.
There will be no ceremony rehearsal at the Kent ShoWare Center. Instead, there will be two
graduation information sessions scheduled for all graduates. Important information about the ceremony will be discussed including graduation cards, processional and diploma ceremony and general venue information.
Your commencement ceremony will be more fun for you if you know what is going on, so please plan to attend one of the two sessions.
Date and Times:
Tuesday, June 10 (Study Day)
- 11 a.m. to noon
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Green River Main Campus
Lindbloom Student Center (LC), Main Dining Area
- Doors will open for guests at 6 p.m.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is plenty of available seating. No tickets will be required.
- Remember to bring your cap and gown!
- Guests with disabilities are not required to make prior arrangements for seating. Kent ShoWare staff will assist guest to designated seating.
- Graduates should enter on the NORTH end of the venue by 6 p.m. to pick-up graduation cards, get instructions and dress in cap and gown
- Guests are required to enter at the main entrance of the Kent ShoWare Center on the SOUTH end facing James Street.
- All personal items should be left at home, locked in your vehicle or given to a guest prior to entering the north end of the Kent ShoWare Center.
- The processional line-up begins at 7 p.m.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:30 p.m.
- Graduates will be required to remain seated through the end of the ceremony to respect the accomplishments of all graduates.
- The Kent ShoWare Center is a non-smoking facility.
Graduate portraits will be taken at the Kent ShoWare Center by Darel Roa Photography:
Shuttle bus transportation is provided for Green River students on a first come, ticket-only basis from Student Life located on the second floor in the Lindbloom Student Center. Buses will depart from the AD Building Traffic Circle at 5:00 p.m. and return to campus after the event. Student ID is required.
- Call 253-833-9111 ext. 2400 for additional information.
- Deadline to reserve bus tickets is Wednesday, June 11.
Kent ShoWare Center features free parking onsite, and in several lots within close walking distance. Parking spaces at the onsite parking lot are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis, therefore arriving early is advised.
As a courtesy to Kent Station’s patrons, please do not leave your vehicle at Kent Station during the commencement ceremony.
Parking for graduates and guests with disabilities is available with proper state identification onsite at the Kent ShoWare Center. Parking spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Graduates with Disabilities
For accomodation requests, please call Disability Support Services: 253-833-9111 ext. 2646 or stop by the DSS office at LC 271A.
The Disability Support Services office hours:
- Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All requests must be submitted by Friday, May 30. Special arrangements cannot be guaranteed after May 30.
Guests with Disabilities
* No special arrangements are organized through Disability Support Services for guests with a disability. ShoWare Center staff will aid guests upon their arrival at the ceremony.
- Doors will open for guests at 6 p.m.
- Drivers may drop off guests with the disability at the front entrance on James Street and park their car in the ShoWare parking lot or at one of the offsite parking areas, not to include the Kent Station.
- Go to the Parking Map for additional offsite parking options.
- ShoWare staff will assist guest with a disability a designated seating area.
- Only one companion will be allowed to sit with the guest with a disability.
Directions to the Event
Kent ShoWare Center
625 West James Street
Kent, WA 98032
From Seattle: Take I-5 south, exit 149 (Kent/Des Moines Road) turn left (east) on Kent/Des Moines Road. Follow Kent/Des Moines Road east as it becomes Willis Street. Turn left onto 4th Avenue. From 4th Avenue, turn left on James Street; ShoWare Center will be on your right.
From Tacoma: Take I-5 north, exit 149A (Kent/Des Moines Road) turn right (east) on Kent/Des Moines Road. Follow Kent/Des Moines Road east as it becomes Willis Street. Turn left onto 4th Avenue. From 4th Avenue, turn left on James Street; ShoWare Center will be on your right.
From Bellevue/Renton: Take SR 167 (Valley Freeway) southbound, exit Willis Street. Turn left onto Willis Street, and then turn left onto 4th Avenue. From 4th Avenue, turn left on James Street; ShoWare Center will be on your right.
From North Bend: Take I-90 westbound to SR 18. Follow SR 18 to the Covington Exit. Turn right onto Kent-Kangley Road. Follow Kent-Kangley Road and turn left onto SE 256th Street. Continue down the hill which changes into Smith Street. Turn right onto 4th Avenue. From 4th Avenue, turn left on James Street; ShoWare Center will be on your right.
From Puyallup and Auburn: Take SR 167 (Valley Freeway) northbound, exit Willis Street. Turn right onto Willis Street, and then turn left onto 4th Avenue. From 4th Avenue, turn left on James Street; ShoWare Center will be on your right.
For more information check out Kent ShoWare Center directions page.
Phone: (253) 288-4740
Disability Support Services:
Phone: (253) 833-9111 ext. 2646
Phone (253) 833-9111 ext. 2500