Student Affairs

Counseling & Health Services

Health Services

The Health Services office offers both wellness and prevention services for students and staff at Green River College.

College life is full of challenges, one of which is keeping healthy during your educational experience. Our health educator is committed to helping people make informed, voluntary, health-promoting behavior changes. We pay attention to the whole person and can help you learn more about wellness and health issues that have a direct impact on your success at Green River. Health Services provides campus-wide health education to individuals and groups on a variety of issues.

How Can Health Services Help Me?

Our office offers many services

  • If your need to find a clinic, doctor or resource in the community
  • Over the counter medication is available for aches, pains and colds.
  • To learn how to change a health behavior such as:
    • Quitting smoking
    • Nutritional advice
    • Starting or increasing an exercise program
    • Networking to other services on campus
    • Stress management
    • Drug and Alcohol information and education
    • STD prevention education and referral
    • Minor first aid
    • Help with health behaviors that can affect your study skills.


Community Healthcare Centers

Reproductive and Sexual Health

STD Specific

For Teens

Dating Violence

Sexual Assault

For Parents

Student Rights to Know and Student Conduct

Green River College is committed to your educational success. The Student Rights to Know and Student Conduct booklet details a number of college policies and procedures to assist you while attending Green River.

Public Health Concerns

What I need to know about pertusis (whooping cough).

What I need to know about Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?

What I need to know about Chicken Pox?

Where I can get a TB test.

Student Health Insurance Options

Students who are enrolled in 6 credits or more at a Washington State Community College are eligible for a Student Injury Only Plan. You may pick up a form and make payments at the Cashiers Office in the Student Affairs and Success Building (SA). If you would like to inquire or register after that point you can contact the insurance company directly at: 1-800-955-1991.

If you are an international student you are required to have health insurance.

Other resources include:


Hours of Operation

See all college hours »

Contact Us

For more information, contact:

Julie French
Green River Health Services
Lindbloom Student Center, Room 227
(253) 833-9111 ext. 2430