Counseling & Health Services
The Health Services office offers both wellness and prevention services for students and staff at Green River College.
College life is full of challenges, one of which is keeping healthy during your educational experience. Our health educator is committed to helping people make informed, voluntary, health-promoting behavior changes. We pay attention to the whole person and can help you learn more about wellness and health issues that have a direct impact on your success at Green River. Health Services provides campus-wide health education to individuals and groups on a variety of issues.
How Can Health Services Help Me?
Our office offers many services
- If your need to find a clinic, doctor or resource in the community
- Over the counter medication is available for aches, pains and colds.
- To learn how to change a health behavior such as:
- Quitting smoking
- Nutritional advice
- Starting or increasing an exercise program
- Networking to other services on campus
- Stress management
- Drug and Alcohol information and education
- STD prevention education and referral
- Minor first aid
- Help with health behaviors that can affect your study skills.
Community Healthcare Centers
Reproductive and Sexual Health
- King County Public Health - Family Planning and Sexual Health
- Advocates for Youth
- Scarleteen - Sex Ed for the Real World
- Sex, etc.
- Go Ask Alice!
- I Wanna Know
- The National Campaign
- Teen Clinic (Local information)
- Teen Talk - Planned Parenthood
- Teens Health
- Teen Health and Wellness
- Teen Source
- Drug Facts
- DAWN - Domestic Abuse Women's Network
- Love is Not Abuse
- National Center for Victims of Crime - Dating Violence Resource Center
- National Center for Victims of Crime - Stalking Resource Center
- King County Sexual Assault Resource Center (Local Information)
- Harborview Medical Center - Center for Sexual Assault & Traumatic Stress (Local Information)
Student Rights to Know and Student Conduct
Green River College is committed to your educational success. The Student Rights to Know and Student Conduct booklet details a number of college policies and procedures to assist you while attending Green River.
Public Health Concerns
What I need to know about pertusis (whooping cough).
What I need to know about Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
What I need to know about Chicken Pox?
Where I can get a TB test.
Student Health Insurance Options
Students who are enrolled in 6 credits or more at a Washington State Community College are eligible for a Student Injury Only Plan. You may pick up a form and make payments at the Cashiers Office in the Student Affairs and Success Building (SA). If you would like to inquire or register after that point you can contact the insurance company directly at: 1-800-955-1991.
If you are an international student you are required to have health insurance.
Other resources include:
Hours of Operation
For more information, contact:
Green River Health Services
Lindbloom Student Center, Room 227
(253) 833-9111 ext. 2430