Student Affairs

Counseling & Health Services


We have listed some resources that offer a range of services for students to address their mental health. For help in finding other counseling resources, contact our Green River Counseling Office at 253-833-9111 ext. 2460 or come by the Lindbloom Student Center, LC 231.

Community Resources

  • Counseling - services in the South King County area agencies, clinics, and private counselors. We also have links on common mental health topics.
  • Health - services in King County and common health topics.

Campus Resources

  • Math Learning Center: Provides assistance with math.
  • Tutoring and Resource Center: Provides assistance with all subject areas except math. Staff hours: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
  • Writing Center: Provides assistance with writing.
  • Campus Safety: Green River is always vigilant about providing its students with a safe and secure campus setting. The Campus Safety Office patrols and provides campus safety support for the campus during day and evening classes. Our office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Career and Advising Center: The Career Center assists students from all academic units with their career exploration, job search skill development and interest in advanced educational opportunities.
  • Child Care Center: Offers a sliding fee scale for low income families to help parents get child care (for 0-5 year old kids) to support parents going to school.
  • Commencement Achievement Program (CAP): Ensures academic and social success by providing mentorship, tutoring, 4-year college visits, community building events, workshops
  • Disability Support Services (DSS): Assist students with advising, as well as teach self-advocacy skills.
  • TRiO: A program that you apply for. Provides, Individual academic planning, transfer advising, study skills workshop, tutoring, career advising and assessment, financial aid/scholarship application assistance, cultural events and social activities , 4-year college visits, encouragement, mentoring, and coaching
  • Veterans Services: Please stop by or call the Veterans Office for more specific information, as well as to determine whether you qualify to receive educational benefits and how to activate and maintain those benefits.
  • Welcome Center: If you are new to Green River College, you will want to visit the Zgolinski Welcome Center on the Main Campus in Auburn. Our staff is here to support you with information, resources and services to support your enrollment in Green River College.