Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- To affirm and value all differences.
- To recruit, retain and graduate under-served student populations.
- To educate and enrich the campus and surrounding communities.
- To strengthen community partnerships with Green River College
- To honor, celebrate and embrace different groups and their unique contributions to the American Mosaic.
- To act as a resource for multicultural issues.
- To facilitate activities, programs and dialogue campus-wide to promote diversity throughout the college community.
- To provide leadership and guidance to ad visors and student clubs, including:
- Black Student Union
- Asian Student Union
- Queer and Allies (Q&A)
- First Nations Club
- Latino Student Union (LSU)
Commencement Achievement Program
The mission of the Commencement Achievement Program at Green River College is to prepare students to navigate the college system. CAP works specifically to ensure the academic and social success of historically under-served and underrepresented students.
What are Peer Navigators? First and foremost they provide peer navigation. Our Peer Navigators are students, just like you, who had to learn how to navigate college themselves. Many were the first in their families to attend college. Peer Navigators can provide assistance with transitioning into college - locating financial resources, registering for classes, and getting involved on campus - to ensure your success at Green River.
The Passport to College
The Passport to College Promise Scholarship program is for former foster youth to attend college in Washington State.The scholarship is funded through the State of Washington and is administered in collaboration with the College Success Foundation.
Get the latest news by liking us on Facebook.