Graduation & Commencement
Applying for Graduation
When you are close to completing your educational program, you should apply for graduation. You may run an online degree audit to monitor your progress.
Application due dates for students planning to graduate at the end of the following quarter:
Summer - April
Fall - April
Winter - October
Spring - January
Applications for graduation (degree or certificate) are available online and in Enrollment Services, on the second floor of the Lindbloom Student Center. Each degree or certificate requires a separate application form and $20 non-refundable fee.
To apply for graduation, submit the following to the Cashiers Office:
- Degree or Certificate Application (degree or certificate)
- Green River online Degree Audit
- $20 non-refundable fee
Degree application evaluations will be e-mailed to your Green River student e-mail address. There is a minimum of two weeks to process the application.
Eligibility for Graduation
To be eligible for graduation, you must have accomplished the following:
- Completed all admissions requirements
- Earned a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Completed 24 credits at Green River (doesn't pertain to high school diploma or professional and technical certificate candidates)
- Completed your last quarter at Green River
- Filed an application for graduation with the Enrollment Services Office
- Completed all degree requirements as specified by the Green River catalog
You may graduate using the degree requirements in effect during your first quarter of enrollment at Green River for up to six years. After six years, you need to meet the requirements listed in the current catalog. You may petition the degree exception committee with proof of continuous enrollment to be exempt from this policy.
You may graduate at the end of any quarter.
Questions regarding your graduation application, call or e-mail:
A - L : Angie Brenner, Ext. 2518
M - Z: Julia Nation, Ext. 2633