Graduation & Commencement
Intent to Graduate
Applying for Graduation
Once you have completed the required coursework for your program of study, Green River College will post the earned certificate or degree to your transcript. It is your responsibility to verify you are enrolled in the correct program of study.
When you are close to completing your educational program you should complete and return an Intent to Graduate form. This would be approximately two quarters before you plan to graduate. You may run an online degree audit to monitor your progress.
Approximate dates for students planning to complete at the end of the following quarter:
The Intent to Graduate form is available online on the Enrollment Services forms page.
To indicate your intent to graduate, submit the following to Enrollment Services:
Graduation evaluations will be e-mailed to your Green River student e-mail address. There is a minimum of two weeks to process the request.
Eligibility for Graduation
To be eligible for graduation, you must have accomplished the following:
- Completed all admissions requirements
- Earned a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Completed 24 credits at Green River (doesn't pertain to high school diploma or professional and technical certificate candidates)
- Completed all degree requirements as specified by the Green River catalog
- Completed an Intent to Graduate form and returned to Enrollment Services (required if you want a) a paper copy of your diploma mailed to you, and/or b) to participate in the Commencement Ceremony in June)
You may graduate using the degree requirements in effect during your first quarter of enrollment at Green River for up to six years. After six years, you need to meet the requirements listed in the current catalog. You may petition the degree exception committee with proof of continuous enrollment to be exempt from this policy.
You may graduate at the end of any quarter.
Questions regarding your graduation application, call or e-mail:
A - L : Angie Brenner, Ext. 2518
M - Z: Julia Nation, Ext. 2633