Student Affairs

Financial Aid

Apply for Financial Aid >
Steps to follow to apply for financial aid at Green River

Student Financial Aid Portal >
Check your financial awards and required documents to complete your application.

Financial Aid Forms >
Forms you need when applying for or managing your financial aid.

Types of Aid>
Learn about the types of financial aid available at Green River.

Loan Programs>
Learn about available loan options and steps.

Get & Keep Your Aid >
Learn how to receive your aid funding and maintain your aid eligibility after you are awarded.

Frequently Asked Questions >
Learn how to order IRS tax documents.


Summer Quarter 2017

The Request for Summer 2017 Financial Aid form is available in our office and on the website.
Summer quarter tuition holds will be given to files completed by June 2.
We will begin to process the applications in May.

2017-2018 Academic Year Applications

  → We have received your complete financial aid application if you find an Item "READY TO REVIEW" on the Portal Information Needed section.  We will begin to process the applications in May.

  → We still need document(s) from you if you find any blank(s) in the Date Received column on the Portal Information Needed section.

We are currently processing files completed in April (updated on April 10, 2017).


How to Apply

Financial aid awards are processed throughout the year in the order that files are completed, so it is best to apply as early as possible to receive the funding that is still available. Late applications are less likely to have their award notices completed prior to the start of the quarter.

See the steps to follow to receive your financial aid in a timely manner.

In addition to Financial Aid, Green River provides several funding options to help eligible students with their college expenses. Please check out other funding options on Green River's Money for College page.


In order to be eligible for financial aid, you must fulfill the following requirements:

  • You have a high school diploma or GED® certificate.
  • You have been admitted to the college.
  • You plan to complete a college degree or certificate program at Green River College.
  • You make satisfactory academic progress in your studies.
  • You are not in default on a student loan received at any school.
  • You do not owe a repayment of grant funds at any college attended.
  • You are a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
  • If male, you have registered for selective service.
  • You have not been convicted of an illegal drug offense while receiving federal student aid.

If convicted of possession or sale of illegal drugs while receiving student financial aid (such as grants, loans or work-study), you will lose your financial aid eligibility.

Grants & Scholarships

Grants are considered need-based financial aid from the government and don’t need to be repaid. Eligibility is generally based upon the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and other screening criteria.

See Financial Aid Programs

Scholarships are normally considered “gift aid” because they don’t need to be repaid. There are thousands of scholarships with many different eligibility criteria and many different types of applications. Donors set their eligibility criteria in ways that help to direct their funds to the type of education or job training they want to support.

See Scholarships


Educational loans are a form of financial aid that must be repaid, with interest.

Educational loans come in three major categories: student loans - Federal Direct Loans, Parent Loans  (Federal PLUS Loans)and Private Student Loans (also called alternative student loans).

Student Employment

In a community college setting, having a part-time job while attending classes, is an integral part of the academic success that students achieve. Many opportunities for employment are available at Green River College from institutional funding through federal and state funding. When you envision your part-time job as résumé building skills, your individual success and contribution to our college community will be invaluable. Go to Student Employment website for more information.

Hours & Contact

See all college hours »

If you have questions, please call (253) 833-9111 ext 2449 or e-mail us at: We are happy to assist you.

Fax: (253) 288-3473

Location: Student Affairs and Success Building, SA-231