Applying for Aid
Here are the steps to follow to receive your financial aid in a timely manner. Receiving financial aid is a five-step process for most students.
1. Apply for admission to Green River College (new students only)
If you are a returning student who has been away for a quarter or more, you must notify Enrollment Services of your plan to return by call, (253)833-9111 ext. 2500, or in person.
2. Submit aid applications
A. Submit the Supplemental Financial Aid Application to the Financial Aid office.
Need Help? Sign up for a Financial Aid Workshop. Create a free account and search "Financial Aid Workshop"
→ 5-7 business days after you complete the FAFSA, you'll receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor via email or in the mail. If you find a mistake from your SAR, please correct or update your FAFSA.
→ 5-7 business days after you complete the FAFSA (may take longer for the future year FAFSA), we (Green River Financial Aid Office) receive your processed FAFSA electronically. Then we will email you requesting any additional documents necessary to prepare your file for review. You can obtain most of the requested documents from our office or website Forms page, and/or the Internal Revenue Services (IRS).Note
→ Include Green River's Federal School Code 003780 on your FAFSA.
→ If you cannot submit online FAFSA, don't worry. Stop by our office to get a paper FAFSA or call the U.S. Department of Education at 1-800-433-3243 to request.
→ You need to submit:
2016-2017 applications to attend Fall 2016 - Summer 2017
2017-2018 applications to attend Fall 2017 - Summer 2018 New changes to the FAFSA beginning 2017 -2018
Yes, you need to apply every year!
Questions? Email or call us at (253)833-9111 ext. 2449.
3. Log-into your Student Financial Aid Portal
Check the Financial Aid Portal to review your financial aid status. The portal is our primary communication tool with you regarding your financial aid. You can
- find out any missing documents you need to submit or have already submitted
- view/accept/decline your financial aid awards
- read personal messages from our office
- Username: Your Social Security Number
- Password: Your Date of Birth in six digits (MMDDYY) If the number does not work, please contact us, in person or via email
4. Receive your Financial Aid
- Receive a Refund Selection Kit in the mail from BankMobile Disbursements. Follow the kit's directions to select your disbursement method.
- Receive your financial aid award letter in the mail. This information will be posted on the portal under the "Award" section.
- Accept/decline the offered awards through the portal or by returning the award letter to our office.
- After your tuition has been paid, you receive your remaining financial aid through BankMobile. You may receive the funding on or after the quarter starts.
See detailed information about receiving your aid, including:
→ Do I need to enroll full-time?
→ Will financial aid cover all classes or programs?
→ Can I lose my aid if my grades aren't good?
If you have not received the BankMobile's Refund Selection Kit by the time you receive your award letter, please contact our office for assistance.
5. Manage your Financial Aid
See frequently asked questions and answers about managing financial aid.
View your federal student aid (grant and loan) history, remaining Pell Grant eligibility and your loan servicer's contact information at StudentAid.ed.gov.