Green River awards a number of scholarships each year to assist students in meeting their educational expenses. Check with your advisor or a financial aid counselor to get more details about applying for these scholarships and to find out about deadlines.
The following is a list of just a few of the many sites available to students searching for scholarships. This list consists of links our staff have found to be useful for students, but is not exhaustive by any means.
Scholarships Offered Through the Community
- Centurylinkquote.com (deadline: June 22, 2014 - award amount: $1000). Write an essay in 500 words or less about how you can use social media to improve education and learning. See website for additional details and application.
- College Student Scholarship, NursesLink.org (deadline: Oct. 31st & April 30th Every Year - amount: $500). Non-nursing college students can complete an application and write a 500-800 word essay. See website for more details and application.
- DSL.com Scholarship (deadline: August 10, 2014 - amount: $2000). Current students may write a blog post explaining how you use the internet to further your education and how you plan to use the internet in your professional career. See website for additional details and application.
- Essay Writing Scholarships, Webhostingjams (deadline: December 14, 2014 - amount: $1000). Write a 600-1000 word essay about anything technology related. Current full-time and part-time students who are legal residents and are the parent of at least one child (minor) may apply. See website for application and additional details.
- Financial Aid for Education, Assistance League Seattle (deadline: none, students should submit applications at least 3 weeks before the registration date to ensure time for processing - award amount: varies). Each year, Assistance League of Seattle provides qualifying students with scholarships for tuition and books to attend King County community colleges and vocational/technical colleges. The goal of these scholarships is to help students in need who are seeking an AA degree or transfer degree but may not qualify for traditional financial aid. Click on the link below for more information on eligibility and how to apply.
- Global Lift Equipment Scholarship (deadline: June 15, 2014 - amount: $500). Current students and students planning to attend in Fall of 2014 are welcome to apply, which includes writing a short story. See website for application and additional details.
- Lift Parts Express Scholarship (deadline: June 30, 2014 - amount: $500). Students between ages 16-21 who plan to attend college in Fall of 2014 are welcome to apply. See website for application and additional details.
- P.E.O. Program Scholarship: Philanthropic Education Organization - (deadline varies, Average Award $3,000). Available to women only. Applicants must have had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student, be within 24 consecutive months of completing their educational goal, and be enrolled in an educational program leading to employment or job advancement. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. The application must be submitted to the Director of the Financial Aid Office.
- The Bradley R. Corbett Scholarship (deadline: July 15, 2014 - amount: $2000). Full-time students may write an essay answering one of three questions. See website for additional details and application.
- TwinStar Credit Union Scholarship (deadline: July 31, 2014 - award amount: $1000). TwinStar Credit Union members are welcome to apply. See website for application and additional details.
- USbundles.com Scholarship, Centurylink (deadline: June 22, 2014 - award amount: $1000). Write an essay in 500 words or less about how teachers and professors can use social media to improve education and learning. See website for additional details and application.
- 2014 Car Accident Injury Survivor Scholarship, Michigan Auto Law (deadline: Dec. 31, 2014 - award amount: $500). Students enrolled in an accredited college or university who have sustained injuries from a car or truck accident may apply. See website for additional requirements and application.
Diversity Scholarship Sites
- American Indian College Fund
- Black Excel Multiple links to African American, Hispanic and other minority scholarship searches, Historically Black colleges and other useful sites.
- Commission on Asian/Pacific Islander Affairs
- Gates Millenium Scholarships for African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific American or Hispanic students.
- Graduate Fellowships For Minorities Nationwide
- Hispanic Students Online Guide, Making College Affordable - Includes a listing of scholarships for Latino students.
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships
- INROADS internships
- ScienceNet Scholarship Listing
- The Latin American Educational Foundation
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- United Negro College Fund - Scholarships are sorted by General, Alphabetical, Geographical and Discipline.
International Student Scholarship Information
- EduPass Smart Guide to Studying in the USA - Provides up-to-date information for international students.
- International Education Financial Aid - Promotes international education through the development of the most comprehensive database of international education financial aid information on the Internet.
- International Scholarships Online - At this site, you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.
- International Scholarship Search
Scholarships for Academic Programs
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program (deadline: July 15, 2014 - amount: $1500). Students enrolled or accepted for enrollment that have a declared major in a science related field are welcome to apply. See website for application, essay information, and additional details.
- Nursing Program Scholarship, NursesLink.org (deadline: Oct. 31st & April 30th Every Year - amount: $1000). Nursing students may complete an application and write a 500-800 word essay. See website for more details and application.
- Scholarships for Nursing
- Senior Care Innovation, A Place for Mom (deadline: April 15, 2015 - award amount: $1000). Students enrolled in an associate's degree or bachelor's degree program in a medical, nursing, or social sciences related major are welcome to apply. See website for application and additional details.
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship Program, Thermo Fisher Scientific (deadline: August 1, 2014 - award amount: $5000-$10,000). Graduate and undergraduate students enrolled at an accredited college or university for 2014-2015 who have a declared major of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related life science field are welcome to apply. See website for additional details and application process.
Washington Universities - Transfer Student Scholarships
- City University of Seattle
- Eastern Washington University
- Evergreen State College
- PLU Transfer Scholarships
- Seattle Pacific University Transfer Scholarships
- University of Washington-Seattle transfer Scholarships
- University of Washington-Seattle Husky Promise
- University of Washington-Tacoma Scholarships
- Washington State University Transfer Scholarships
- Western Washington University Transfer Scholarships
- Whitworth University
Scholarship Search Engines
- Accredited Schools Online - Scholarship for Minority Student
- Careers and Colleges
- College Board Scholarship Search - Locate scholarships and other information that matches your educational level, talents and background.
- College Connection Scholarships
- College Resource Network
- College Scholarships.com
- CollegeNet - Mach 25: Breaking the Tuition Barrier - Over 600,000 awards totaling over $1.6 billion with a keyword search to narrow to particular scholarships.
- FastWeb! Search - Begins with a password protected customized profile for searches among thousands of scholarships.
- Find Money for College
- Free College Scholarships
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Experts - Locates scholarships by a profile of program, regional area, school and other information.
- Scholarship Hunter - Free and Easy Scholarship Source.
- Scholarship Quest Helper
- School Soup
- Student Scholarship Search
- The National Data Base Scholarships
- The SmartStudent Guide - Undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships are forms of aid that help students pay for their education.
- The Washboard.org