To verify the vacation accrual amount, maximum vacation accrual, maximum vacation payout, and the maximum vacation transfer allowed at Green River College.
This policy applies to employees who accrue vacation and are categorized as “exempt” or “administrative” at Green River College.
- To accrue the vacation for the month, the employee must be on payroll on the 16th day of the month.
- For the first four (4) years of continuous employment with Green River College, employees shall accrue sixteen (16) hours of vacation each month.
- At the start of the fifth (5th) year of continuous employment with Green River College, employees shall accrue eighteen (18) hours of vacation each month. Time with another CTC or state agency does not count towards the years of employment with Green River College.
- No employee shall accrue more than the accrual amount of vacation per month indicated above without specific approval by the Green River College Board of Trustees.
Maximum Vacation Accrual
- Employees may accrue up to 360 hours of vacation. This is a “hard cap” meaning that accrual ceases when an employee reaches this amount.
- The President may grant an exception to this rule if the employee submits a plan indicating how the accrual will be diminished to at least three hundred (300) hours within a three (3) month period.
Maximum Vacation Payout
- If an employee leaves the service of Green River College and does not meet the requirements for vacation transfer to another CTC or state agency, the employee will be paid out the vacation accrued up to the 360 hour cap.
- If an employee leaves the service of Green River College and meets the requirements for vacation transfer to another CTC or state agency, the college will transfer up to the maximum limit of the accepting CTC or state agency. Should there be remaining vacation accrual after this transfer, the employee will be paid out the balance.
Maximum Vacation Transfer
- Green River College will accept up to 240 hours of an employee hired from another CTC or state agency. (See above “Maximum Vacation Payout” for employees leaving Green River College for another CTC or state agency.)
- Payroll shall calculate vacation accrual amounts which are made available to the employee via a time reporting system.
- Employees wishing to exceed the 360 hour vacation accrual maximum shall present a plan to their supervisor for approval. If the supervisor approves the plan, it will be forwarded to Employee Relations for review prior to consideration by the President.
- When an employee resigns from Green River College, the payout of accrued vacation is processed by Payroll. Employees leaving the service of Green River College to work for another CTC or state agency should notify Payroll.
History of Policy or Procedure
Draft: December 01, 2016
Adopted: June 1, 2017
Reviewed by: President’s Staff
Contact: Shirley Archuleta, Payroll Director, ext. 3495
President’s Staff Sponsor: Marshall Sampson, Vice President of Human Resources & Legal Affairs, ext. 3315
Human Resources Policies
Hiring and Onboarding
- HR-11 Employment of Relatives
- HR-12 Background Verification
- HR-13 Relocation Compensation
- HR-17 New Employee Orientation Program
- HR-21 Suspended Operations - Employee's Leave Options
- HR-22 Nondiscrimination Policies & Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- HR-23 Leave without Pay
- HR-24 Administrative/Exempt Position Title Change
- HR-25 Layoff Procedure for Non-rep Classified
- HR-31 FMLA
- HR-32 Retirement Medical Expense Plan (VEBA)
- HR-33 SBRP (TIAA) Retirement
- HR-34 PERS and TRS Plan Retirement
- HR-35 Shared Leave Policy
- HR-36 Fitness for Duty Policy
- HR-37 Domestic Violence Leave
- HR-38 Vacation Policy