Services for Health Occupations
The Health Sciences Programs are part of our Career and Technical Education offerings and are composed of five programs:
- Upcoming Events:
- PTA/OTA Info Session: November 29, 2017, 3-4 p.m., SA 149
- EMT: The EMT Mandatory meeting sessions have passed, but we are still enrolling in the program. Please contact Karen Urick to complete the requirements for the program.
- Nursing: Please make an advising appointment with a health occupations advisor (contact information below).
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Nursing Assistant
These programs are committed to providing students with quality educational experiences to prepare them for employment in the health and medical field.
Each program strives to uphold standards as determined by professional associations and accreditation and licensing bodies, as well as to be responsive to the needs of the community.
For prerequisite and admission requirements, please see the following resources:
- Read the Information Sheets for each program on their respective sites: PN, PTA, OTA, NAC
- For information on the EMT program, please contact Karen Urick, or refer to the EMT Information Sheet for Winter 2018
- Connect with us! You can reach us by email or call us: Email Health Occupations Admissions for general inquiries or to make an appointment to talk with a Health Occupations advisor. To make an advising appointment, please call: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
For questions, inquiries, and scheduling an appointment to with an advisor, please contact us!
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Immigrant & Refugee Resources
For the latest news and updates regarding U.S. immigration policy, please visit the Holman Library's guide on Immigrant and Refugee Resources.
Hours of Operation
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Student Affairs and Success Center, 104
Green River College’s Nursing Program Pursues Pre- Accreditation Candidacy
The Green River College Practical Nursing program is pursuing pre-accreditation candidacy status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA), located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20037; phone 202-909-2500. Interested parties are invited to submit third party comments in writing directly to NLN CNEA, attention Betsy Frank, NLN CNEA Associate Director, no later than August 24, 2018.