What is SOAR?
Student Orientation to Advising and Registration or SOAR is a mandatory step in the new student process. SOAR covers important information that all new students should know about Green River including:
- The resources available at Green River to support your educational goals
- Placement options
- Information about your program of study
- How to register for classes (including receiving your PIN number)
- What to expect for enrolling in future quarters
Who Completes SOAR?
SOAR is mandatory for all new Green River students with the following exceptions:
- New Running Start students complete a separate mandatory orientation process after submitting an Enrollment Verification Form. Visit Running Start for more information on this process.
- Transfer-in Students who have completed credit at another college should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call (253) 833-9111 ext. 2640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students only attending Green River for one quarter and not planning to complete a degree or certificate should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call (253) 833-9111 ext. 2640 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Students placing in Transitional Studies courses must complete the CASAS assessment prior to registering for classes. Upon completing CASAS you will meet with a Master Achiever Center (MAC) advisor for course registration.
When is SOAR Available?
SOAR is available on the first day of new student registration for each quarter. Registration for SOAR sessions begins the first day of the previous quarter.
|Quarter||SOAR Sign-Up Available||SOAR sessions Begin||Quarter Starts|
|Spring 2018||Jan. 25, 2018||Feb. 20, 2018||April 2, 2018|
|Summer 2018||April 2, 2018||May 14, 2018||June 25, 2018|
|Fall 2018||April 2, 2018||May 14, 2018||Sept. 24, 2018|
|Winter 2019||Sept. 24, 2018||Nov. TBD 2018||Jan. 2, 2019|
How do I sign up for SOAR?
If you are unable to attend an in-person SOAR, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, student ID number, and the reason you are unable to attend for an alternative option.
For questions, inquiries, and scheduling an appointment to with an advisor, please contact us!
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Immigrant & Refugee Resources
For the latest news and updates regarding U.S. immigration policy, please visit the Holman Library's guide on Immigrant and Refugee Resources.
Hours of Operation
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday (through Aug. 31)|
Student Affairs and Success Center, 104