"Plans are worthless. Planning is essential." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Acquire the skills to manage projects in a variety of industries.
Green River's Project Management Certificate is designed for working professionals who are either starting out or moving up as project managers. Courses are taught with a practical approach that equips participants with the skills and knowledge that can be applied immediately to the workplace.
The Certificate is Recommended for Individuals
- Who lead projects
- Who want to meet the education requirements for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams through the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Who want to acquire hands-on skills for managing and overseeing projects and team members
- Who want to increase their value to their employer or their marketability in the job market
- Courses count toward the education requirements for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certifications*
- Curriculum is developed by project management experts and is based on the text, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Instructors are project management professionals
- Courses are offered in the evenings, so they don't interfere with work
- Complete the Certificate in as little as two quarters or at your own pace
- Register for courses individually, or register for a series of courses and save
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) may be earned for any of our project management courses
*While our courses provide a solid foundation of knowledge for PMI's PMP® and CAPM® Certification exams, they are not focused on exam preparation. To prepare for the exams, we highly recommend taking our Project Management Certificate (Parts 1 and 2) and a PMP® Exam Prep course.
- The demand for project management professionals is significant, especially in business services and manufacturing. The highest growth rate for project management roles is expected in the health care sector. (Anderson Economic Group Study, March 2013)
- Between 2010 and 2020, the demand for project management professionals will grow by nearly 700,000 jobs. The strong demand will be reflected in average salaries far higher than non-project-oriented professionals. (Anderson Economic Group Study, March 2013)
- A Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential can increase your salary by up to 20 percent. (Project Management Institute Salary Survey, 2015)
To learn more about our Project Management Certificate, attend our free Project Management Certificate Information Session.
The Project Management Certificate consists of six required courses totaling 84 hours of course work. Most people are able to complete the Certificate in two quarters. You may register for the courses individually, or you can save money by registering for a series of courses.
Click on the course titles listed below for current offerings, required textbooks, prices and to register online.
|Required Courses||Hours||Quarters Typically Offered|
|Project Management Certificate Part 1 (3 Class Series)||45||Fall, Spring|
|Project Management Essentials||15||Fall, Spring|
|Project Planning and Scheduling Techniques||15||Fall, Spring|
|Project Execution and Control||15||Fall, Spring|
|Project Management Certificate Part 2 (3 Class Series)||39||Winter, Summer|
|Project Team Management||15||Winter, Summer|
|Microsoft Project 2016||15||Winter, Summer|
|Project Management Capstone||9||Winter, Summer|
|Part 1 and Part 2||84|
|Non-Certificate Courses||Hours||Quarters Typically Offered|
|PMP® and CAPM® Exam Prep||24||Spring, Summer|
To earn a Certificate of Completion, you must take all six required courses, attend 80 percent of each course, participate in class and successfully complete the Project Management Certificate Capstone course.
For additional information, please call Green River Continuing Education at 253-833-9111, ext. 2535.
Green River College has been reviewed and approved as a Provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMP, CAPM, PMBOK and the Registered Education Provider logo are the registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Green River College
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2535