- Apply for admission to Green River College online.
- Activate your required student email account. All Green River communication will be sent to your Green River Student email account.
- Questions about applying? Contact Enrollment Services at 253-833-9111, ext. 2500 or by email.
- To be eligible for Running Start, you must place into ENGL& 101. Students who plan to take math courses or courses with math prerequisites must show eligibility for college-level math. Visit our placement section for more information on placement options, testing policies and practice tests.
- English eligibility is determined by the College Success Assessment. Math eligibility is determined by WAMAP exam. Each assessment is $10.
- Visit the testing section for locations and hours of operation for the Assessment and Testing Center. Appointments are not needed for testing. Allow up to 1-2 hours for testing. You will receive your score once you complete your test.
- Bring photo ID and your Green River student ID number when you are ready to test.
- To utilize your transcript or test score as means of placement, bring a copy of your transcript or scores to the Welcome Center to meet with a Getting Started Specialist to verify English and/or math eligibility.
Obtain Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
- Take proof of eligibility for ENGL& 101 to your high school counselor (or district office for home-schooled and private school students) and obtain your Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (EVF).
- Home-schooled students must contact their local high school district to seek instructions on enrollment procedures, which may differ by district. All students must turn in a completed EVF with student ID number, student signature, and parent or guardians' signature.
Submit Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
Email your completed EVF to email@example.com. Retain the original copy for your records. Make sure your EVF is completely filled out. It is important it includes your Green River student ID number, a valid and legible email address and phone number, and is signed by your high school counselor (or school district official), you, and your parent/guardian.
Complete Orientation and Registration
Students who have submitted their EVF will receive an email with instructions on how to complete an online Running Start pre-orientation to learn about Running Start and Green River policies. Once the student completes the pre-orientation, they will be scheduled an appointment for an in-person Running Start Registration, Advising, and Planning session where students will register for classes. Both sessions are mandatory for participation in Running Start at Green River.
New Student Registration Dates & Deadlines
Below are important registration dates for upcoming quarters.
|Quarter||Registration Opens||Registration Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Fall 2017||May 15, 2017||Sept. 18, 2017||Sept. 25, 2017|
|Winter 2018||Nov. 20, 2017||Dec. 29. 2017||Jan. 3, 2018|
|Spring 2018||Feb. 20, 2018||March 30, 2018||April 2, 2018|
If you have any questions about Running Start or would like to schedule an appointment to meet with an Educational Planner please do not hesitate to contact us!
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2674
The Running Start Office is located in the Student Affairs Building (SA 122) on the Main Campus.
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092-3699
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Tuesday|
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday - Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|View Closures & Special Hours|