- Apply for admission to Green River College online.
- Activate your required student email account. All Green River communication will be sent to your Green River Student email account.
- Questions about applying? Contact Enrollment Services at 253-833-9111, ext. 2500 or by email.
- To be eligible for Running Start, you must place into ENGL& 101. Students who plan to take math courses or courses with math prerequisites must show eligibility for college-level math. Visit our placement section for more information on placement options, testing policies and practice tests.
- English eligibility is determined by the College Success Assessment. Math eligibility is determined by WAMAP exam.
- Visit the testing section for locations and hours of operation for the Assessment and Testing Center. Appointments are not needed for testing. Allow up to 1-2 hours for testing. You will receive your score once you complete your test.
- Bring photo ID and your Green River student ID number when you are ready to test.
- To utilize your transcript or test score as means of placement, bring a copy of your transcript or scores to the Running Start Office to verify English and/or math eligibility.
Obtain Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
- Take proof of eligibility for ENGL& 101 to your high school counselor (or district office for home-schooled and private school students) and obtain your Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (EVF).
- Home-schooled students must contact their local high school district to seek instructions on enrollment procedures, which may differ by district. All students must turn in a completed EVF with student ID number, student signature, and parent or guardians' signature.
Submit Running Start Enrollment Verification Form
Bring your completed EVF to the Running Start Office located on our main campus SA 122, to the Kent or Enumclaw Campus, or submit by fax 253-288-3324. (We are not able to accept your paperwork through email.) Retain the original copy for your records. Make sure your EVF is completely filled out. It is important it includes your Green River student ID number, a valid and legible email address and phone number, and is signed by your high school counselor (or school district official), you and your parent/guardian.
Complete Orientation and Registration
Students who have submitted their EVF will receive an email with instructions on how to complete an online Running Start pre-orientation to learn about Running Start and Green River policies. Once the student completes the pre-orientation, they will be scheduled an appointment for an in-person Running Start Registration, Advising, and Planning session where students will register for classes. Both sessions are mandatory for participation in Running Start at Green River.
New Student Registration Dates & Deadlines
Below are important registration dates for upcoming quarters.
|Quarter||Registration Opens||Paperwork Submission Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Spring 2018||Feb. 20, 2018||March 23, 2018||April 2, 2018|
|Fall 2018||May 14, 2018||Sept. 14, 2018||Sept. 24, 2018|
If you have any questions about Running Start or would like to schedule an appointment to meet with an educational planner please do not hesitate to contact us!
The Running Start Office is located in the Student Affairs Building (SA 122) on the Main Campus.
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092-3699
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Tuesday|
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday - Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|