About College Experience
International Student College Experience prepares all new international students for academic success at Green River and beyond. It provides students with essential information and practical skills that will help make their transition to Green River College and the US as seamless as possible.
International Student College Experience targets areas where students are known to struggle during their first quarters. The course is taught by one instructor and a variety of guest speakers such as successful alumni, current senior students, and other experts on a wide variety of relevant topics.
Course topics include:
- Introduction to the US education system
- Green River classroom and study expectations
- How to thrive academically at Green River College
At the end of the quarter, the students will have:
- A set of new skills that will help them perform successfully in class and accelerate their academic progress
- An indispensable list of college resources and knowledge of how to benefit the most from each
- Very practical information and tips on how to reach academic success at the Green River College
Required for all new international students and IESL non-graduates - All international students are required to take this course, unless they have graduated from the IESL. Students have to take this course within the first two quarters at Green River College. You will automatically be pre-registered for this class. If you would prefer not to take it during your first quarter, you can contact Vivette Beuster.
The cost of the College Experience program is $100.00.
If you have any questions about the International Student College Experience class, please contact your marketer, advisor, or the teacher, Vivette Beuster.