Global Leadership Program
Want to be part of this exciting program this fall quarter? Discover your unique leadership potential. Cultivate the leader you want to be. Be part of an international - US student cohort and become global ready.
The Global Leadership Program will awaken your unique leadership potential. It will provide you with opportunities to gain insights into your leadership skills and intercultural beliefs through inventory questionnaires, strengths assessments, and guided self-discovery activities. You will be encouraged to analyze your individual results and to develop a practical personal development plan, which you will implement, use to review your progress, and revise when needed. In addition, you will attend three cross-cultural events and participate in one service learning activity.
You will receive a Global Leadership certificate upon successful completion of the program. This credential will reflect well upon you in many ways:
- The Personal Statement letter when you submit your university transfer application
- Your resume when you apply for a job in the future
During the program you will:
- Be part of a global community while studying with international and US students
- Attend a one hour welcome session and four three-hour modules: Cross Cultural Communication, Leadership Strengths, Full Potential Explorations, and Outward Mindset
- Participate in three cultural activities
- Give back to the community through a service learning activity
|1. Welcome and Orientation||Thursday, October 4 at 3 to 4:30 p.m.||
|2. Leadership Strengths||Thursday, October 11 at 3-6 p.m.||
|3. Intercultural Communication||Thursday, October 25 at 3-6 p.m.||
|4. Full Potential Explorations||Thursday, November 15 at 3-6 p.m.||
|5. Outward Mindset||Thursday, November 29 at 3-6 p.m.||
|6. Three cultural activities||List will be provided|
|7. Service learning activity at the Auburn Food Bank||Saturday, December 1, 2018
|8. Completion Ceremony||Thursday, December 6, 2018||
How to Apply
Global Leadership Program sponsored by International Programs.
Download Global Leadership Program Application. The submission deadline has been extended to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20, 2018. If you have questions, please contact Vivette Beuster, Associate Dean of Extended Learning.
Please note that this program is for current students only.