- Posting Date: 09/01/2017
- Employer: Green River College
- Department: Library
- Job Location: Holman Library
- Contact Name: Pavlov, Nadine
- Contact Phone: (253) 833-9111 ext. 2088
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding Source: FWS|WFS
- Job Description: Library Aides assist with a wide variety of general tasks in the delivery of library services to students, faculty, and staff. Job duties include a variety of routine library support tasks including sorting, shelving, stacking, and retrieving library materials; processing returned materials; maintaining materials, according to the library classification system (Dewey); conducting shelf reading for accuracy; shifting and transporting books and other library materials to assigned areas of the library; assisting in keeping all areas of the library in a clean, neat and orderly condition; assisting in special projects and services as needed.
- Minimum Requirements: Qualified candidate must be willing to learn the library classification system (Dewey); training will be provided. Candidate must be comfortable performing a wide range of physical motions, which may include routine and repetitive bending, lifting (including overhead lifting, loading tansit boxes, and loading/unloading book bins) and pushing book trucks.
- Minimum Wage: $11.00 per hour
- Maximum Wage: $11.00 per hour
Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, age or any other unlawful basis in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Stret, Auburn, WA 98092, (253) 288-3320. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Affairs at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.
P: 253-833-9111, ext. 2447
- All new hires must meet with student employment specialist to complete hiring paperwork before working.
- All new on campus employers must meet with student employment specialist before making job offers.
Student Affairs and Success Center, 231
Main Campus Map