Office Assistant-Career and Advising
- Posting Date: 09/01/2017
- Employer: Green River College
- Department: Career and Advising
- Job Location: Student Affairs and Success Center
- Contact Name: Davidson, Amy
- Contact Phone: (253) 833-9111 ext. 2637
- Contact E-mail: Adavidson@greenriver.edu
- Funding Source: FWS|WFS
- Job Description: The Office Assistant's primary function is to support the front desk with incoming guests as well as make reminder phone calls and provide general office support. Job duties include: Providing quality customer service via the telephone and at the front desk Explaining services, identifying customer needs and registering customers for workshops Assisting customers with website searches Assisting staff with filing, photocopies, bulletin updates and variety of projects Making reminder phone calls and missed appointment phone calls for orientations and first quarter advising appointments
- Minimum Requirements: Qualified candidate must be currently enrolled at Green River College with a minimum GPA of 2.0, have some previous college coursework, and be referred by GRC faculty. Must havegood computer skills and professional phone skills Must be reliable Ability to take directions from multiple team members or work with limited supervision is important attributes for this position Ability to work positively and effectively with diverse student body as well as with a collaborative team Strong oral, writtenand interpersonal communication skills Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Minimum Wage: $11.00 per hour
- Maximum Wage: $11.00 per hour
Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, age or any other unlawful basis in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Stret, Auburn, WA 98092, (253) 288-3320. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Affairs at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.
P: 253-833-9111, ext. 2447
- All new hires must meet with student employment specialist to complete hiring paperwork before working.
- All new on campus employers must meet with student employment specialist before making job offers.
Student Affairs and Success Center, 231
Main Campus Map