Office Assistant-Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Posting Date: 09/01/2017
- Employer: Green River College
- Department: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Job Location: LindBloom Student Union
- Contact Name: Lealofi, Ben
- Contact Phone: (253) 833-9111 ext. 2659
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding Source: FWS|WFS
- Job Description: Office Assistants, under the supervision of the Assistant, help to coordinate, organize and structure the services offered by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Office Assistants help to serve all CAP students to ensure their needs are met academically. Duties and Responsibilities: Eligible Work Study Office Assistants can work up to 19 hours/week at the current student employment rate; International students and CAP Work Grant students can work up to 12 hours/week. Provide excellent customer service to students on a regular basis; answer questions and provide support. Ensure front desk coverage at all times. Attend bi/weekly Office Assistant meetings Help Assistant Director plan and implement diversity-related programming and services Attend and complete mandatory HR and diversity trainings. Help and support ODEI and the CAP by: answering phone calls, filing, organizing, cleaning and referring services to student visits. Enter data into the CAP database to track students utilizing ODEI and CAP services; manage the book loan program, complete and submit weekly tracking numbers. Collaborate with other Green River College offices and departments. Other duties as assigned by the ODEI Director, Coordinator and Program Coordinator.
- Minimum Requirements: Minimum requirements are as follows: Must be enrolled and registered in at least 6-12 credits at Green River College per quarter. Must have an accumulative GPA of a 2.0 every quarter. Demonstrate cultural competency, sensitivity to cultural differences, and a personal commitment to fostering diversity at Green River College. Demonstrate strong personal integrity and a commitment to high ethical and professional standards. Demonstrate a commitment to community outreach and customer service. Demonstrate skills in: mentorship, leadership, organization, coordinating and implementing programs, and listening to student needs and interests. Able to take direction, follow through on assignments, and be held accountable for task completion. Proficient with using computer and Microsoft Office programs: Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Minimum Wage: $11.00 per hour
- Maximum Wage: $11.00 per hour
Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, age or any other unlawful basis in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Stret, Auburn, WA 98092, (253) 288-3320. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Affairs at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.
P: 253-833-9111, ext. 2447
- All new hires must meet with student employment specialist to complete hiring paperwork before working.
- All new on campus employers must meet with student employment specialist before making job offers.
Student Affairs and Success Center, 231
Main Campus Map