Office Assistant-Welcome Desk
- Posting Date: 09/01/2017
- Employer: Green River College
- Department: Career and Advising
- Job Location: Student Affairs and Success Center
- Contact Name: Jarvis, Rebecca
- Contact Phone: (253) 833-9111 ext. 2808
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding Source: FWS|WFS
- Job Description: The Welcome Desk Office Assistant will provide a peer perspective at the Welcome Desk and make the services available more accessible to prospective and current students. The student Office Assistant will assist at the Welcome Desk in directing prospective students to the appropriate resources and departments; respond to in-person, phone, and email inquiries; conduct campus tours; assist students at the computer kiosks with getting started functions, including Green River admissions application, and other online tools; maintain the materials and resources at the desk and in the lobby; other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer services to students, parents, faculty and staff in a busy environment. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Ability to establish positive working relationships with others. Experienced in the use of personal computers and current software programs. Working knowledge and experience answering multi-line phone systems and use of general office equipment. Ability to make sound decisions, function independently and organize a workspace.
- Minimum Wage: $11.00 per hour
- Maximum Wage: $11.00 per hour
Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, age or any other unlawful basis in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Stret, Auburn, WA 98092, (253) 288-3320. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Affairs at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.