Teaching Assistant - Communication Studies
- Posting Date: 09/18/2017
- Employer: Green River College
- Department: Humanities Division
- Job Location: Salish Hall
- Contact Name: Denton, Kelsey
- Contact Phone: (253) 833-9111 ext. 4712
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding Source: FWS|WFS
- Job Description: The Communication Studies Department seeks a teaching assistant for Fall 2017-Spring 2018 school year. This position is for up to five hours a week. Duties and responsibilities include: entering grades into Canvas while honoring confidentiality of all students; filing and alphabetizing; entering data; scanning and photo copying; running campus errands; other clerical and organizational tasks as needed. To apply, please email Kelsey Denton with a letter of interest outlining how you meet the qualification listed. Interviews will be conducted within the first month of Fall Quarter.
- Minimum Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs, safely; enrolled in at least 6 credits at Green River College, every quarter; maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher for the last two quarters; be proficient with computers including Canvas, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel; completed at least one CMST course with a grade of 3.0 or higher; demonstrate a commitment and respect for confidentiality; demonstrate clear, competent communication skills and styles both in writing and speaking.
- Minimum Wage: $11.00 per hour
- Maximum Wage: $11.00 per hour
Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, age or any other unlawful basis in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Stret, Auburn, WA 98092, (253) 288-3320. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Affairs at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.
P: 253-833-9111, ext. 2447
- All new hires must meet with student employment specialist to complete hiring paperwork before working.
- All new on campus employers must meet with student employment specialist before making job offers.
Student Affairs and Success Center, 231
Main Campus Map