Core Values, Themes and Objectives
The core values for Green River Community College are (not listed in order of priority - all are important):
- Student success - we support student engagement, retention, completion and post-program success through excellent teaching and learning and comprehensive support services
- High quality - we provide high quality in teaching, learning and support services in an environment of compassion and integrity
- Student access - we meet student needs for access to and inclusion in their educational pursuits
- Community engagement - we collaborate, stimulate and contribute to the educational, economic and social development of our external and internal communities through continued learning
- Equity- we encourage, foster respect for and respond equitably to diverse perspective and needs
- Global awareness - we foster citizen responsibility by cultivating a global perspective on critical issues and challenges affecting our community and the world
- Stewardship - we strive to maintain sound financial management, increase effective and efficient operations, develop state-of-the-art infrastructure (to include staffing, technology and facilities), and be forthcoming and transparent in accountability for resource use
- Innovation - we seek to encourage, create and adopt innovative perspectives, policies and practices that will help achieve the College's mission
- Campus environment - we preserve the safety, ecology and sustainability of our campus environment
The core themes of Green River Community College are (not listed in order of priority - all are important):
- College transfer education - provide programs and services that prepare learners for transition to and success in further degree programs
- Career and technical education - provide programs and services that prepare learners for professional and technical career readiness, transitions and advancement
- College readiness education - provide pre-college programs and services that prepare learners for successful transition to college
- Continuing and community education - provide programs and services that reflect a commitment to the professional, social and personal enrichment needs of the community
Each Core Theme area has developed indicators to measure these core objectives.
- Access - students have opportunities and pathways to access learning, certificates, and degrees at the college.
- Success - students are successful in achieving their educational goals.
- Equity - increase accommodation of the diverse needs of our students and communities.
- Responsiveness - increase responsiveness to community, employer, and educational needs.
- Collaboration - increase partnerships and collaboration with community organizations, local and state government and civic organizations, local business, public schools, and universities.