Workforce Education


WorkFirst parent and child

We Help You to Help Yourself

WorkFirst is Washington State's welfare reform program (TANF-Temporary Aid for Needy Families) that assists low-income individuals to obtain education, find jobs, and become self-sufficient.

The WorkFirst program at Green River Community College pays 100% of tuition, required books, and fees for TANF parents who are currently receiving a cash grant from the Division of Social and Human Services (DSHS).

Steps for WorkFirst parents to receive tuition assistance at Green River:

We invite you to check out the special events and classes that are offered each quarter.


Orientation Sign Up

Sign up and attend WorkFirst new student orientation: Workfirst orientations are open every Wednesday at 11 am (except on holidays). Contact Workforce Education located in Cedar Hall - room 303 for locations scheduled for these orientations.


Reporting Absences

WorkFirst parents who are currently enrolled at Green River Community College may report absences online.

Printable Forms

Printable Participation Tracking Sheets and IEP forms are available for students attending Green River Community College.


See all college hours »

Contact Us

If you need assistance please call (253) 833-9111 ext. 2211.

Bilal Abdallah
Project Manager
(253) 833-9111 ext 2427

Lyuda Zadneprovskaya
Project Manager
(253) 333-4947

We are located on the Main Campus in the Cedar Hall building (CH-303). Look for CH on the campus map.

12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092

Community Resources

Community Resources Online (CRO) is the most comprehensive data base of health and human services. With more than 6,000 service listings, it is a very effective way to find assistance. For resources like transportation, health clinics, legal help, rent or utilities assistance, food banks, emergency shelters and much more call 2-1-1 to speak to a referral specialist or go to

Contact some of our community resource partners for assistance with transportation, job search and training.

Go to Neighborhood House for more information.