Instructions for Taking Placement Assessments
Green River College offers our placement assessments online and in-person. Below are the instructions for taking the assessments. Remember that students who are retaking an assessment online will need to fill out the retake request form. Please see the Retakes section below for more information about retakes.
In-Person Placement Assessments
Students who would like to take their assessments in-person can come to the Placement & Testing Center located in the Student Affairs building. No assessments will begin an hour and a half before closing. Please see our in-person hours by going to www.greenriver.edu/testing.
College Success Reading Assessment (English Placement Exam)
- College Success works best using Google Chrome
- ALL pop-up blockers must be disabled before you take your assessment(s)
- If using Google Chrome, go to chrome://settings/content/popups
- Make sure the slider is to the right to ensure pop-ups are allowed
- Go to: https://college.measuredsuccess.com
- On the login page, click on the “Student Self-Registration” button on the bottom right
- In the Institution drop down menu on the next page select “Green River College”
- Select the Site: Main Campus
- Enter the Site Password: VAN144237
- Then complete the rest of the student profile
- Once the registration form is completed, click the “Submit” button
- Click “OK” to confirm
- After confirming, you will automatically be logged into College Success
- You will be sent an email from McCann testing with your login information
- You will be presented with the End User Service Agreement
- Click “Accept”
- After accepting, you will be directed to your College Success dashboard
- On the bottom of the page, enter the test access code below and click “Submit”
- Test Access Code: grcread
- After you click Submit, the test will appear on your dashboard
- Click on the “1-Reading” assessment to start your assessment
For more info about the College Success Assessment, please click this link: College Success Assessment
WAMAP Math Entrance Exam
WAMAP - Practice Site Information
THIS IS A PRACTICE TEST ONLY:
To take your WAMAP Math Assessment you will need to know the course level you wish to take. It is hioghly recommended that you use our practice site to help you determine the course level you are prepared for. You can access the WAMAP practice site by following these steps:
- Go to www.wamap.org
- Click on "Register as a new student"
- Enter your information
- The Course ID is 12499
- There is no Enrollment Key
- You may see a "Browser Check" page. If so, click the "Continue with Image-based display" button.
When you know the level you would like to test into, please follow the instructions below to take the WAMAP.
WAMAP - Set-up for the Exam that will Count for Placement
- Go to the WAMAP Testing site: https://www.wamap.org/diag/index.php?id=97
- Fill-in your information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Select the level you wish to take
- Access Password: Click here to request a password
- Click "Access Diagnostic" to start your assessment
You may have this link open while testing to help input your answers: https://www.wamap.org/wamap/info/enteringanswers.php
For more info about the WAMAP Math Assessment, please click this link: WAMAP Math Assessment
Retake policies apply to all assessments taken remotely - scores that do not follow the policy waiting periods are not valid and will not be recorded for course eligibility.
- To retake College Success or the same level of WAMAP, you must fill out the Distance Placement Proctored Request - Retake form. You will be locked out of testing until your test has been reset. Please allow two business days for the request to be processed - we are not processing requests over the weekend. Once you receive confirmation email that your test has been reset you may retake it.
- After taking the assessment one time you must wait one (1) day to take it a second time, then seven (7) days to take it a third time, then 30 days to take it a fourth time.
- To take a new level of WAMAP, one you have never taken, you must wait one day before attempting to take the new level and request a new Access Password. If multiple WAMAP assessments are taken for different levels on the same day, the first attempt will count.
Troubleshooting During Your Testing Session
If you are taking your assessment during our regular hours of business, you may call us at (253) 288-3449, or join our Zoom Lobby at Zoom Link. Our hours can be found at www.greenriver.edu/testing. We will not be able to assist you if you are testing outside of these hours. You can email a description of the issues you may be having, with a screenshot, to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your email the next business day.
If you have any questions during this process please do not hesitate to reach out to us.