Green River is upgrading to a new computer system to better serve students. In order for this transition to happen:
- All financial aid adjustments need to be completed by Friday, September 24th. This includes requests for loans and any adjustments to aid based on schedule changes
- The Financial Aid office will be closed to the public and unavailable to answer questions from October 1st to October 28th
- Financial Aid will be unable to send money to BankMobile or directly to students from September 28th through October 28th
Supporting Student Success
Welcome to Disability Support Services at Green River College. We look forward to meeting you and providing you with exemplary services. Each year, we assist over 600 qualified students with Physical, Learning, Sensory, Cognitive and/or Psychological disabilities by identifying and coordinating reasonable accommodations for equal access to academic programs and activities.
DSS works with qualified students with disabilities in a confidential, respectful, and safe environment to identify and develop reasonable classroom accommodations; to ensure equal opportunity and access of academic and professional goals; and to promote an accessible community where students with disabilities have equal opportunity to participate in college programs and activities.
To receive this information in an alternative format, please contact DSS at 253-931-6460 or TDD 253-288-3359.
Green River does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, age or any other unlawful basis in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Vice President for Business Administration and Human Resources
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092
Procedure for Obtaining Accommodations
- Register for Classes
- Contact DSS to schedule an appointment
- Obtain historical and/or recent documentation of your disability
- Review and discuss documentation with DSS Director
- Develop Letter of Accommodation with DSS Director
- Provide and discuss Letter of Accommodation with Instructors
Note: Some accommodations (e.g. interpreting services, text in alternative format [Braille, e-text], textbooks on audiotape, enlarged print, etc.) require substantial advance (15 to 30 working days or more) notice. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the prospective or enrolled student to give sufficient early notice of such accommodation to DSS each quarter the student is enrolled in order to ensure timely coordination and availability of equipment, items, and/or services.
As soon as you have registered for classes, begin planning for accommodations for an academic quarter by contacting DSS.
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Student Affairs and Success Center, 210
All services are currently being provided remotely. If you would like to speak with DSS staff, please connect to our Zoom Lobby.
Disability Support Services
253-833-9111, ext. 2668
253-833-9111, ext. 2318