Become a Green River student in 4 simple steps:
Admission at Green River is simple, fast and convenient with four admission dates each year: fall, winter, spring, and summer.
Step 1: Submit Application
You can apply:
- By Email - Scan a complete International Student Application to email@example.com
- By Fax - 001-253-333-4940
- By Mail
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092 - USA
Please use only one method to submit your documents - email, mail or fax.
- Completed application
- Financial/Bank Statement in English showing at least U.S. $21,000 for one year of study
- The Financial/Bank Statement may include checking or savings accounts, stocks, certificates of deposit, or other easily liquidated assets. Please indicate the relationships between sponsor and the student on the bank statement.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Copy of valid passport; and Medical Release Form
- Applicants must be 16 years of age by program start date
English Proficiency Requirements:
- TOEFL 61/173/500 or higher on the international TOEFL or the iBT Special Home Edition while TOEFL testing centers are closed during the COVID-19 pandemic
- IELTS 5.5 no band lower than 5.0
- Additional English Proficiency measures
- Important note: You do not need an English proficiency test score to enroll at Green River. You can take the GRC Intensive English Placement test. It will show whether you are qualified to start in the academic program or transition to academic classes through our Academic Prep or IEP classes
- Completed housing section on application and $300 placement fee
- Students age 16 on the quarter start date are required to live in a Green River homestay until they are 17.
High School Completion Students
- High School and 9th grade transcript (sealed envelope)
Transfer students (from other schools in the US to GRC):
- Transfer-in Eligibility Form
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-20
- Unofficial transcript from previous school
How to pay fees:
- To Make Payments Internationally – We accept bank wire transfers and FLYWIRE. To make a payment, go to greenriver.flywire.com.
- To Make Payments from the USA - We accept cashier's check, money order, personal check (from a U.S. bank), traveler's check, or by bank wire transfers as follows:
Bank Wire Transfer to:
U.S. Bank, 401-15th St. NE, Auburn, WA 98071
Student Name (must be included with wire information)
Green River Student ID number (if known)
ABA No., 125000105
Green River College, International Account Number: 153504623387
SWIFT code: USBKUS44IMT
Important! Send an e-mail to International@greenriver.edu with the student name, date of birth, amount of money, and date wired.
Step 2: Receive I-20 Form
After we receive your complete application with the required documents, an admissions package will be created for you within two business days. This contains a Green River acceptance letter and your I-20, which is an official document that confirms your acceptance as an international student in the USA.
Step 3: F-1 Visa Interview
You must present the complete admissions package to the U.S. consulate in your home country. Before you make an appointment for an interview at the U.S. consular office nearest you, be sure to pay your SEVIS and visa fee online. The wait time for an interview varies from country to country. Check the US State Department website to learn more about preparing the visa application.
Step 4: Arrival in the USA
As soon as you receive your F-1 visa, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can plan for your arrival. When you enter the U.S., show the immigration officer:
- Your I-20 form
- Your passport with a valid student visa
Please go to Arrival and Airport Pickup for more information.
New international students who use Green River's I-20 to enter the U.S. must:
- Report in person to Green River's orientation for new international students
- Enroll for and attend the first quarter at Green River.
- Present originals of: passport, visa, and Green River I-20*
- Carry Health Insurance while enrolled at Green River
*International students transferring from other U.S. schools must present their most recent I-20 instead of a Green River I-20.
Take a Tour
Follow us on:
Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
|28 June 2021|
|19 August 2021|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|15 August 2021|
|8 & 9 September 2021|
|Arrival & Housing Move-in Day|
|16 September 2021|
|In-Person Orientation for Students|
|17 September 2021|
|20 September 2021|
|9 December 2021|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday|
|9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|