A Note of Encouragement and Support: Spring Quarter Resources & Dates
By Vice President of Student Affairs Dr. Deb Casey, April 4, 2020
Note: Spring quarter 2020 classes will begin on Monday, April 6. Classes and support services will resume with online delivery while all GRC locations, offices, and buildings will remain closed to the public until a later date. Students should remain off-campus following the Governor’s directives and campus “closed to the public” expectations as noted in the email messaging below. Employees can access campus for the purpose of delivering/supporting online educational needs and critical functions of the College.
Green River College Students –
On Monday, April 6, spring quarter classes will begin. Faculty and staff are excited to welcome you to Spring quarter. We know you made a conscious choice to attend classes with everything else happening and we’re ready to support your spring quarter success!
As you read, take a moment to pause, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths (seriously, it helps). Take a few minutes to reflect on what has changed for you in the last month. We’d guess that like most, a lot has changed in your life. As a college, region, state, country… as a community, we're all doing things differently than we originally planned. Keeping our distance from friends, family, co-workers, and fellow students has taken a toll on many. Uncertainties about jobs, the health and well-being of others or ourselves, and many other aspects of our lives is a tremendous source of stress.
We know during these times things like tuition, fees, books, technology, materials, etc. can represent additional points of stress for you, and we do not want these concerns to stand in your way of completing your educational goals. Therefore, if you need any help to accomplish your goals, please send an email to StudentSuccess@greenriver.edu and we’ll work with you to identify a solution.
In order to assist you with Monday’s first day of classes, we’re reminding you of the current status of campus and support services:
- Spring Quarter: Spring quarter classes will begin on Monday, April 6. Classes and support services will resume with online delivery only at all GRC locations. Offices and buildings at all GRC locations are closed and locked to the public until a later date.
- Spring Classes loaded into Canvas: Students will see classes on their Canvas dashboard as they are published by instructors. Students should have access to classes by 12 p.m. noon on Monday, April 6th. Please email your instructor after noon on Monday if you do not see your class in Canvas.
- Support Services, Assessment and Testing, Library, & Labs: In compliance with the Stay Home Stay Health order, Green River College locations are closed to the public, this includes all support services, computer labs, Testing Center and libraries. This means labs and the library are closed for student use and will NOT be open until after May 4th, or as directed. Coursework, assignments, and testing must be done remotely from home or off-campus locations.
Please use the links below to contact support services or individual who can assist you remotely while the campuses are closed to the public:
- Virtual Assistance & Zoom lobbies
- Paper Tree Bookstore
- Counseling Services
- Violence Prevention Center
- Tutoring Resources
- Progress and Completion, Benefits Hub
- Holman Library Services
- Assessment and Testing Center
If you’re experiencing financial challenges you feel prevent you from being successful this quarter, please reach out directly by replying to this email before you withdraw from classes or make any changes or decisions. Send an email to StudentSuccess@greenriver.edu and we’ll work with you to identify a solution.
Every Green River employee is committed to your success. Please do not hesitate to send us an email so we can assist and support you in your academic journey!
Your safety, health, and academic and career success are our top priorities!