Active Duty Students

Active Duty Military Funding Sources

Green River College is committed to helping active duty members and their spouses reach their educational goals. There are several options for funding your educational goals such as:

All four service branches and the U.S. Coast Guard offer financial assistance for voluntary, off-duty education programs.  Educational benefits are also available to eligible members of the National Guard and selected reserves. 

Service members first need to check with their Command Education Officer (CEO) to establish eligibility and requirements involving Tuition Assistance (TA).  This can be done by visiting their local installation education office, by going online to a virtual education center, or by clicking on the following links for each service branch.





COAST GUARD Tuition Assistance (

Tuition & Refunds: Green River offers Active Duty Service Members special tuition rates and follows a specific refund policy (

We encourage all active duty members to apply for Financial Aid (link to FA’s Applying for Aid page: Federal, state and college-based financial aid is available to our students in the form of grants, loans, work-study jobs and scholarships.  Financial aid awards are processed throughout the year in the order files are completed, so it is best to apply as early as possible to receive the funding that is still available.

The Green River Foundation offers over 300 scholarships each year. Students who complete the online application may be eligible for scholarships in the following categories: program based, merit based, need based, summer completion, general scholarships, and transfer scholarships. (link to

STEP is a tuition payment plan available to assist students with paying their tuition and fees in three manageable payments, following the payment due dates listed on the website and published in the quarterly class schedule.

Easy Payment Plan (STEP)

For Veteran Education Benefits, please see the Veteran Services Page (link:

MyCAA Scholarship Program 


Military spouses who meet specific criteria are eligible to participate in the MyCAA Scholarship program. Spouses of service members on Active Duty, under Title 10 orders Spouses of service members with pay grades of E-1 through E-5, W-1 through W-2, O-1 through O-2.

For more information, see Get Started ( on the MyCAA webpage.

For Veteran spouse and dependent tuition waiver information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at or 253-288-3383.

Washington State Residency To obtain Washington State residency for tuition purposes, please provide the Office of the Registrar your service member’s Certificate of Eligibility or DD-214, and photo ID.
The student:

  • Must live in Washington State
  • Must be enrolled in classes within 3 years of the service member’s discharge
  • Must be a spouse or dependent of a service member who served in active duty for 90 days or more, and have an honorable discharge
  • Can use transferred education benefits


Contact GRC Military Affairs

Phone: 253-833-9111, extension 2211

Military Affairs is located on Green River College's main campus in Auburn in CH-303

Hours of Operation

Monday, Tuesday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday

View Closures & Special Hours