What is New Student Advising and Enrollment?
New Student Advising and Enrollment (NSAE), is a mandatory step in the new student process. NSAE covers important information that all new students should know about Green River including:
- The resources available at Green River to support your educational goals
- Your placement and eligibility for first quarter classes
- Information about your program of study
- How to enroll in classes
- What to expect enrolling for future quarters
- Will be assigned an Advisor after NSAE session
Who Does and Does Not Complete NSAE?
The following students DO NOT need to complete a NSAE session. See details below:
- Running Start (RS) students DO NOT attend NSAE. Instead, RS students complete a separate, mandatory orientation, provided by the Running Start office. Contact Running Start for more information on this process.
- Transfer-in Students who completed credit(s) at another college should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call 253-288-3482, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our the CAC virtual lobby for more information.
- Students attending Green River only for 1-2 quarters and not planning to complete a degree or certificate should connect with an advisor in the Career & Advising Center to determine next steps. Please call 253-288-3482 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Students who placed in Transitional Studies (TS) courses must complete the CASAS assessment prior to enrolling for classes. Upon completing CASAS you will meet with a Master Achiever Center (MAC) advisor for course registration.
*ALL other students (who are not considered any of the above student types) are required to complete NSAE in order to enroll for classes.
When is NSAE Available?
NSAE sessions are available on the first day of new student enrollment for each quarter. Sign up for NSAE sessions begins the first day of the previous quarter.
|Quarter||NSAE Sign-Up Available||NSAE Sessions Begin||Quarter Starts|
|Winter 2022||Closed||Closed||Jan. 3, 2022|
|Spring 2022||Open||Feb. 16, 2022||April 4, 2022|
How do I sign up for NSAE?
If you are unable to attend the NSAE, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, ctcLink ID number, and the reason you are unable to attend for an alternate option.
- Degrees and Programs
- Secure Document Upload
- ctcLinklink (student access)
- ctcLink Student Resources and Steps for Activation
- Student registration resources
Advising resources for students are available through the following departments: