The LPN to BSN application is due on April 1st. GRC Nursing is hosting a final application workshop on Thursday, March 23rd at 5pm, in the Zgolinski Center-Room 105. Faculty and staff will be on hand to discuss the application process, and provide interview and essay Tips.
- Complete all prerequisite coursework.
Prerequisites for LPN to BSN
Dept./Course # Course Title Credits BIO& 160 or
General Biology with Lab
5 BIO& 241 Anatomy & Physiology I 5 BIO& 242 Anatomy & Physiology II 5 BIO& 260 Microbiology 5 CMST& 101, 210,
CMST& 220, 230,
or CMST& 238
Communication Studies 5 CHEM& 121 Introduction to Chemistry 5 ENGL& 101 English Composition 5 HUMANITIES DISTRIBUTION - Not CMST (CMST&) or performance/skills course Humanities 5 MATH& 146 or
Introduction to Statistics
Statistics for Business and Social Science
5 NUTR& 101 Nutrition 5 PSYC& 100 General Psychology 5 PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology 5
A minimum grade of 2.5 or higher is required in each nursing and supporting course.
• Starting for the fall 2023 admission cycle, an overall GPA of 3.0 is required.
One course may be in progress at the time of application.
- Apply to Green River College and obtain a student ID number.
- Have your official transcripts sent to Green River College. You will need to do this for each college you have attended.
- Submit the Transcript Evaluation RequestEnrollment Services.
- Please note, it can take 4-6 weeks to evaluate transcripts
- Complete all required immunizations and tests.
- Two-step TB
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
Program Quick Links
- Program Overview
- Degree Requirements
- Mission and Program Goals
- Application and Admissions
- Holistic Admissions-Be a Strong Candidate
- Important Dates
- Costs and Funding Options
- 2023-2024 Nursing Student Handbook
- Admissions/Applications FAQ
Contact & Location
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us at:
- Nursing Admissions
Career and Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
The Green River College Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.