Applying for Graduation
Once you have completed the required coursework for your program of study, Green River College will post the earned certificate or degree to your transcript. It is your responsibility to verify you are enrolled in the correct program of study.
When you are close to completing your educational program you should complete and return an Intent to Graduate form. This would be approximately two quarters before you plan to graduate.
Approximate dates for students planning to complete at the end of the following quarter:
To indicate your intent to graduate, submit the following to the Office of the Registrar:
Graduation evaluations will be e-mailed to your Green River student e-mail address. There is a minimum of two weeks to process the request.
Eligibility for Graduation
To be eligible for graduation, you must have accomplished the following:
- Completed all admissions requirements
- Earned a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Completed 24 credits at Green River (doesn't pertain to high school diploma or professional and technical certificate candidates)
- Completed all degree requirements as specified by the Green River catalog
- Completed an Intent to Graduate Form (required if you want a paper copy of your diploma mailed to you, and/or to participate in the Commencement Ceremony in June)
You may graduate using the degree requirements in effect during your first quarter of enrollment in that program at Green River for up to six years. After six years, you need to meet the requirements listed in the current catalog. You may petition the degree exception committee with proof of continuous enrollment to be exempt from the Graduation Criteria Policy, SA-22.
You may graduate at the end of any quarter.
For questions regarding your Intent to Graduate From, call or e-mail:
A - M : Jackie Easley at 253-931-6506
N - Z : Julia Nation at 253-931-6510
For ceremony information, please visit our Commencement homepage.
Office of the Registrar Phone: 253-288-3383
Please submit all PDF forms and supporting materials to our Secure Document Upload tool, or in person to SA 280
Student Affairs and Success Center, room 280