Green River awards a number of scholarships each year to assist students in meeting their educational expenses. Check with your advisor or a financial aid counselor to get more details about applying for these scholarships and to find out about deadlines.
The following is a list of just a few of the many sites available to students searching for scholarships. This list consists of links our staff have found to be useful for students, but is not exhaustive by any means.
Scholarships Offered Through the Community
- CARiD Scholarship Program (deadline: Oct. 31 and April 30 - award amount: $1000) Current U.S. students may create a photo inspired by any aspect of the automotive industry and email it to scholarship@CARiD.com. See website for additional details and what to include in your submission.
- College Student Scholarship, NursesLink.org (deadline: Oct. 31 and April 30 every Year - amount: $500) Non-nursing college students can complete an application and write a 500-800 word essay. See website for more details and application.
- DISHPromotions.com Scholarship (deadline: Nov. 30 and June 30 every year - award amount: $1,000) College students and incoming freshman with 2.5 grade point average. See website for additional details and application.
- Drug Lawsuit Source Single Parent Scholarship (deadline: November 1, 2015 - award amount: $1,000) Offering one scholarship to a single mom and the other to a single dad with a GPA of 2.7 or higher. Write a 300-600 word essay explaining your career goals and the challenges of being a single parent in school. See website for more details and the application.
- Financial Aid for Education, Assistance League Seattle (deadline: none, students should submit applications at least 3 weeks before the registration date to ensure time for processing - award amount: varies) Each year, Assistance League of Seattle provides qualifying students with scholarships for tuition and books to attend King County community colleges and vocational and technical colleges. The goal of these scholarships is to help students in need who are seeking an AA degree or transfer degree but may not qualify for traditional financial aid. Click on the link below for more information on eligibility and how to apply.
- Get-Frontier.com Scholarship (deadline: November 30th & June 30th every year - award amount: $1,000) College students and incoming freshman with 2.5 grade point average. See website for additional details and application.i
- Mark A. Forester Scholarship (deadline: Dec. 21, 2015 - award amount: $1,000) Write a 300-500-word essay explaining how they go about honoring America's military heroes. See website for more details and the application.
- P.E.O. Program Scholarship: Philanthropic Education Organization (deadline varies, average award $3,000), available to women only. Applicants must have had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student, be within 24 consecutive months of completing their educational goal, and be enrolled in an educational program leading to employment or job advancement. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. The application must be submitted to the Director of the Financial Aid Office.
Diversity Scholarship Sites
- American Indian College Fund
- Black Excel Multiple links to African American, Hispanic and other minority scholarship searches as well as historically Black colleges and other useful sites.
- Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs
- Financial Aid for Minority Students
- Gates Millenium Scholarships for African-American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian Pacific American or Hispanic students.
- Graduate Fellowships For Minorities Nationwide
- Hispanic Students Online Guide, Making College Affordable Includes a listing of scholarships for Latino students.
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships
- INROADS internships
- ScienceNet Scholarship Listing
- The Latin American Educational Foundation
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- United Negro College Fund Scholarships are sorted by general, alphabetical, geographical and discipline.
International Student Scholarship Information
- EduPass Smart Guide to Studying in the USA - Provides up-to-date information for international students.
- International Education Financial Aid - Promotes international education through the development of the most comprehensive database of international education financial aid information on the Internet.
- International Scholarships Online - At this site you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs and other information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.
- International Scholarship Search
Scholarships for Academic Programs
- Ignite AG Customer Advisory Board Scholarship (deadline: Oct. 1, 2015 - award amount: $1,000) Send a 300-500 word piece of original content, explaining why the student would like to enter this field, or the student's perceived value of customer-focused marketing programs. Student seeking to enter a marketing field focused around customer engagement or research with cumulative GPA of: 3.0 or higher. See website for more details and the application.
- Medical assisting certificate and degree programs
- Nursing Program Scholarship, NursesLink.org (deadline: Oct. 31 and April 30 Every Year - amount: $1000) Nursing students may complete an application and write a 500-800 word essay. See website for more details and application.
- Nursing School Scholarship (deadline: August 31, annually - award amount: $1000) Students who are enrolled or will be enrolling in an undergraduate or certificate level nursing education program are welcome to apply. See website for additional details and application.
- OMAP Scholarship, Online Medical Assistant Programs (deadline: varies - amount: $500) Four scholarships awarded annually. Students enrolled in a health care related field are welcome to apply. See website for additional details and application.
- Scholarships for Nursing
- The ClickMinded Digital Marketing Scholarship (deadline: December 15, 2015 - award amount: $1,000) Studying in the fields of business, marketing, communications or IT are recommended but not required. You must submit the URL of the website you are working on, as well as a 500 - 1,000 word essay on why you started your website and why you are interested in learning digital marketing. The website can be about any topic the student is passionate about. See website for more details and the application.
Washington Universities - Transfer Student Scholarships
- Central Washington University
- City University of Seattle
- Eastern Washington University
- Evergreen State College
- PLU Transfer Scholarships
- Seattle Pacific University Transfer Scholarships
- University of Washington-Seattle transfer Scholarships
- University of Washington-Seattle Husky Promise
- University of Washington-Tacoma Scholarships
- Washington State University Transfer Scholarships
- Western Washington University Transfer Scholarships
- Whitworth University
Scholarship Search Engines
- Accredited Schools Online - Scholarships for minority students.
- Careers and Colleges
- College Board Scholarship Search - Locate scholarships and other information that match your educational level, talents and background.
- College Connection Scholarships
- College Resource Network
- College Scholarships.com
- FastWeb! Search - Begins with a password protected customized profile for searches among thousands of scholarships.
- Find Money for College
- Free College Scholarships
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Experts - Locates scholarships by a profile of program, regional area, school and other information.
- Scholarship Hunter - Free and Easy Scholarship Source.
- Scholarship Quest Helper
- School Soup
- Student Scholarship Search
- The National Data Base Scholarships
- The SmartStudent Guide - Undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships are forms of aid that help students pay for their education.
- The Washboard.org