About our program: What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy is a health discipline that provides services to people whose lives have been disrupted by physical injury, illness, and developmental, psychosocial or aging-related problems.
Occupational therapy means therapy that enables a person to gain the functions necessary to perform day-to-day work, self-care and leisure activities as related to one's roles. For example, a person with a disability may need to relearn how to dress themselves, how to safely take a bus or how to prepare a basic meal.
Occupational Therapy Assistant work in collaboration with Registered Occupational Therapist. Occupational Therapy practitioners work in schools, hospitals, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, return to work, adult day health, mental health institutions with individuals from birth to 100 years old.
Why choose our program?
- Curriculum Design is well integrated into each course
- Exceptionally strong Student Organization
- Two program tracks are offered.
- Part time Hybrid Program-only hybrid program offered in the state of Washington
- Full traditional day time track.
- Faculty continue to practice in the community
- Faculty considered experts in their field
- High rate of employment
- First OTA program in the state of Washington
- Curriculum reflects current community practice
- 1:1 in depth advising to increase success rate
- Excellent relationship with our community partners
GRC Pass/Fail Rate
For the three most recent calendar years (2013, 2014, 2015), the performance of GRC graduates of the occupational therapy assistant program on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification examination was as follows:
|Graduation Year||Students entering/graduates||Graduation Rate||NBCOT Exam Pass Rate|
View pass rates for all OTA programs at NBCOT.
Choosing the Program that Fits You!
- Program Start: Spring quarter
- Part time-goes through summer
- 9 quarters
*Courses times: 5pm-10 except FW assignments –done during the day
*Frequency: 2/week based on enrollment
View full OTA Curriculum Sequence.
- Program Start: Fall quarter
- Full time summers off
- 7 quarters
*Courses times: variable 7am-early evening
*Frequency: variable , could be 5 days a week
Contact & Location
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us at:
- Health Occupations Admissions
Career and Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Degrees & Certificates
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). For more information about our accreditation, please visit: OTA Accreditation.
- They are located at:
4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200,
Bethesda, MD 20814-3449.
(301) 652-AOTA (2682)
Application and Forms
2018 OTA Spring Hybrid Program is now accepting applications.
Application Due Date: February 28, 2018 to Assessment and Testing Center, SA 148
- OTA Info Sheet
- OTA Prerequisites & Application Information
- OTA Job Shadowing Form
- Health Sciences Programs Student Handbook
- January 17, 2018, 4 - 5 p.m., SA 149
- February 15, 2018, 4 - 5 p.m., SA 149
OTA Application Workshop for Spring Hybrid Program
- January 29, 5 - 7 p.m., SC 134
This workshop is highly recommended for students planning to apply to the OTA Hybrid program starting Spring 2018.