About our program: What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy is a health discipline that provides services to people whose lives have been disrupted by physical injury, illness, and developmental, psychosocial or aging-related problems.
Occupational therapy means therapy that enables a person to gain the functions necessary to perform day-to-day work, self-care and leisure activities as related to one's roles. For example, a person with a disability may need to relearn how to dress themselves, how to safely take a bus or how to prepare a basic meal.
Occupational Therapy Assistant work in collaboration with Registered Occupational Therapist. Occupational Therapy practitioners work in schools, hospitals, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, return to work, adult day health, mental health institutions with individuals from birth to 100 years old.
Why Choose Our Program?
Two program tracks are offered including a Full Traditional day time track and a part time Hybrid Program which is the only hybrid program offered in the state of Washington.
- Curriculum Design is well integrated into each course
- Exceptionally strong Student Organization
- Two program tracks are offered.
- Part time Hybrid Program-only hybrid program offered in the state of Washington
- Full traditional day time track.
- Faculty continue to practice in the community
- Faculty considered experts in their field
- High rate of employment
- First OTA program in the state of Washington
- Curriculum reflects current community practice
- 1:1 in depth advising to increase success rate
- Excellent relationship with our community partners
Choosing the Program that Fits You!
- Program Start: Spring quarter
- Part time-goes through summer
- 9 quarters
*Courses times: 5pm-10 except FW assignments –done during the day
*Frequency: 2/week based on enrollment
View full OTA Curriculum Sequence.
- Program Start: Fall quarter
- Full time summers off
- 7 quarters
*Courses times: variable 7 a.m.-early evening
*Frequency: variable , could be 5 days a week
GRC Pass/Fail Rate
For the three most recent calendar years (2017, 2018, 2019), the graduation and performance of GRC graduates of the occupational therapy assistant program on the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification examination is as follows:
|Graduation Year||Students entering/graduates||Graduation Rate||NBCOT Exam Pass Rate|
* 4 will graduate in 2021 (due to Covid and fieldwork availability)
Fieldwork delayed to 2021 due to Covid
|Data not available|
Detailed information about graduating rates for 2019:
|Number of students withdrew due to personal reasons||Number of fails||Number of students who will be graduating with next cohort|
View pass rates for all OTA programs at NBCOT.
Information sessions for Green River’s Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA) and Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) programs.
Application workshops for Green River’s Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA) program.
Please bring physical or electronic copies of your materials with you. We will be working in a computer lab.
Degrees & Certificates
Contact & Location
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us at:
- Health Occupations Admissions
Career and Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Application and Forms
Applications for the Hybrid 2021 Spring entry will be accepted from December 1 through January 4. In the event that the cohort is not full, additional applications may be accepted past the due date at the discretion of the department.
Contact a Health Science Occupations Advisor:
Health Occupations Admissions
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
- Green River College OTA Application
- Getting Started Guide
- Essential Functions for the Student
- Job Shadowing Form
- OTA Student Handbook
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). They are located at:
- 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200
North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929