About our program
Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) work under the supervision of Physical Therapists utilizing therapeutic exercise, functional training, adaptive devices (including prosthetics), and physical agents (water, electricity, sound, light, heat and cold) to restore, maintain, and promote optimal physical function.
Green River College Physical Therapist Assistant Program is committed to preparing students with the competence, critical thinking and discernment for successful employment as physical therapist assistants. The program is dedicated to empowering program graduates to provide quality patient care under the supervision of physical therapists with diverse populations in a variety of health care settings. Graduates will be prepared to practice in legal, ethical, safe, accountable and effective manners and be able to respond appropriately within the ever‐changing environment of health care.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Green River College awards an Associate in Applied Science degree and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education. The program prepares graduates for immediate employment. Studies in the program include anatomy and physiology, technical physical therapy courses and practical clinical experiences in area health care facilities.
All of Green River’s PTA program graduates who have sought employment in physical therapy have been employed. Many students have obtained jobs prior to graduation.
- Receive hands-on clinical experience in a variety of settings
- Develop an ongoing collaborative relationship with faculty and fellow students
- Enhance your personal leadership and group interaction skills
- Become skilled in an exciting and rewarding health care occupation
- Receive an Associate in Applied Science degree for Physical Therapist Assistant that is accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association
- PTAs are employed in a wide variety of settings including hospitals and rehabilitation facilities; outpatient clinics and offices; skilled nursing, extended care or convalescent facilities; home health agencies; hospices; schools and other pediatric facilities; sports therapy clinics and athletic facilities.
- The demand for physical therapist assistants is strong in the Puget Sound area and nationwide.
- All of Green River’s PTA program graduates who have sought employment in physical therapy have been employed.
On average, 90% to 100% of program graduates are consistently employed within 6 months of passing the licensure examination.
- Many students have job offers prior to graduation
Degrees & Certificates
Information Sessions will start in Fall quarter. For questions about the PTA program, please call the Career and Advising Center at 253.833.9111, ext. 2641 to make an appointment.
Application and Forms
- PTA Info Sheet
- Physical Therapist Assistant Application (2018)
- Physical Therapist Assistant Application (2019)
Contact & Location
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us at:
- Health Occupations Admissions
Career and Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Physical Therapist Assistant program at Green River College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 253-833-9111 ext. 4343 or email email@example.com.