E-Learning Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What follows is a list of questions students who take e-Learning Classes often have.
If you don't find your question answered here please email us.
If you have a question about class content (deadlines, assignment requirements, etc.), please contact your instructor (check your course syllabus or Class Finder if you don’t know your instructor’s name).
Table of Contents
- I registered for an eLearning (hybrid or online) course, what should I do next?
- I was “dropped for nonpayment”- What does that mean?
- I have a “hybrid” course – what does that mean?
- I have an “online” course – do I come to campus for class?
- Where can I find my class textbooks?
- How do I download or access Microsoft Office as a GRC student?
- Are there any special settings for my browser?
- Can I use wireless Internet to take my online class?
- How much time can I expect to spend on an eLearning course?
- Who do I contact for learning accommodations?
- What other guidelines should I keep in mind as an eLearning student?
- Will Canvas work if I use a Mac?
- Can I use a mobile device (like a smartphone) to access my Canvas class?
- I cannot log in to Canvas.
- I'm registered for a class and it is not showing on my Canvas Dashboard.
- Why isn’t my class in the Canvas Course menu even though I am registered?
- Why can’t I open my Canvas class online tests?
- I have a question about another Canvas feature or issue.
Assessment, Testing, and Repondus Lockdown Browser
- I need to take a proctored test or skills assessment. How can I do this?
- My online test requires a “Lockdown Browser.” How can I access it?
- How do I take an online test that requires “monitoring”?
- I have a test in my online class – can I drop-in to the Testing Center to take it?