Out of State e-Learning Students

Information for students taking e-Learning classes from Green River College who do not reside in Washington State

States and Institutions Participating in SARA

Green River College is a member of SARA, an agreement among member states, districts, and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education. (https://www.nc-sara.org/) The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) maintains a list of states, districts, and territories participating in SARA. As an institution participating in SARA, Green River College can offer online courses to students residing in other states also participating in SARA. As of July 2019, California is the only state not participating. Other states may have restrictions on certain online programs that require licensure and/or internships, externships, clinicals and practicums. Please contact the eLearning Department for more information.

Complaint Resolution

Complaint resolution for out-of-state students begins in the same way as for local students.

  • To resolve complaints regarding instruction, such as a complaint about your grade, follow the Instructional Student Complaint Process.
  • To file a complaint about misrepresentation of the nature of educational programs, financial charges, employability of graduates, etc., see the Consumer Protection Student Complaint Process through the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges, GRC’s governing body.
  • Complaints about discrimination and/or harassment should be directed to the college’s Title IX Officer.

Students who are unable to successfully resolve their complaint through Green River College’s complaint resolution process may file a complaint with the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC). The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit the WSAC Student Complaints webpage for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.

NC-SARA also maintains a list of state entities that govern the SARA agreement in each state. Contact information for each state is available on their website.

Green River College is accredited by The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, which can also be contacted.

For more information please email Green River's eLearning office.