Welcome New E-Learning Students
If you are registered for an e-Learning class, your class schedule will begin with the letters “DE” under “Section” and the location will be listed as “ARR” for online classes. Hybrid classes list a classroom location where you will have your in-person class meetings.
New to Green River? Follow these 3 steps:
Step 1 - Admissions
e-Learning students complete the standard Green River admissions process. Learn how to apply to Green River College.
Step 2 - Choosing Classes and Registering
Once you have been admitted, go to the Class Finder to choose your classes. The Class Finder has a complete list of all classes offered and will allow you to sort by “Hybrid” or “Online” classes. When you find classes you would like to register for, copy the item numbers for each class and go to online registration. You will need to know your GRC student ID number and PIN to register. If you have questions about registering for classes, please contact Enrollment Services.
- Want to talk with someone about the best classes to meet your academic goals? Talk with one of our academic advisers – they can help map out your own personal learning path!
Step 3 – Discover Where and When Your Class Meets
After you have registered for classes, visit the e-Learning Class Schedule to see if your first class meeting will be in-person (for Hybrid classes) or where to go online. The e-Learning Class Schedule will open to the classes beginning with the letter A. Choose the letter at the top corresponding to the class you want. You'll see columns with the following headings (examples are in parenthesis):
- Course ID -- (example: ACCT110)
- Course type -- (example: ACCT 110 (0111) Practical Financial Accounting 1). The number in bold is the item number for the course.
- Instructor name -- Name of your Instructor with a link to her/his email address. You can also look up an instructor’s email, phone, and office hours using the Campus Directory.
- Course site -- Link to GRC Canvas or information about how to access your class if not in Canvas.
- Double-check the starting date of the class – some online classes begin earlier or later than the first day of each quarter.
Preparing for your e-Learning class
More helpful tips: