The Financial Aid Office will be closed all day on Friday, March 24th for In-Service Day
Welcome to Green River College! We support undocumented students on continuing your educational journey. We are here to help you succeed financially and meet your goals in life.
Our office is committed to protecting your personal data. Any information you disclose to our office is confidential and is not shared with anyone else beyond the state agencies required to disburse and administer your financial aid. More information about privacy protections for undocumented students and their families can be found here.
You CAN get financial aid in the state of Washington, even if you are undocumented, as long as you meet certain criteria to qualify as a Washington state resident!
Due to recent changes in Washington state law, it is even easier to qualify!
How You Qualify
1. You must have completed a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent (It doesn't matter if you earned it outside the U.S.!)
2. You must have lived in Washington for at least one year prior to your first quarter at Green River College
3. Submit a WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) by our priority processing deadline and list Green River College on your application. Within the WASFA application, you must commit to applying for permanent residency in the United States as soon as you can.
Need help completing your WASFA? Contact Shawn Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
But there is more information!
We encourage all students to also apply for scholarships in addition to submitting a financial aid application. Our Green River College Foundation offers over 300 scholarships to students regardless of their citizenship or immigration status, and the application opens twice a year in January and September. There are also many other organizations that provide scholarships specifically for undocumented scholars.
- Betancourt-Macias Foundation
- Immigrants Rising - List of Undergraduate Scholarships
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
Other financial resources open to undocumented students include:
- Opportunity Grant and Worker Retraining Grant - Workforce Education Office
- Student Support Grant
- Benefits Hub
- ODEI Book Loan Program
- Technology Loan Program (laptops, hotspots, webcams) - Email email@example.com
How can I check on the status of my aid?
Check your email along with the Tasks, Message Center, and Financial Aid tiles in your student homepage in ctcLink for updates on your financial aid. It may take several weeks and may take months for your aid to be processed depending on when you submitted your application. Contact our office if you have questions.
Renew Your FAFSA/WASFA by April 30th!
Renew your FAFSA/WASFA for the 2023-24 award year by April 30th if you want to recieve financial aid for summer and/or fall quarter.
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
Starting January 3rd
|Monday - Friday 10 AM - 4 PM|
In-Person Hours - SA 231
|Monday - Thursday 8 AM - 5 PM|
|Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Students are not required to make an appointment in advance, but wait times to speak with a staff member may vary.|
Help with completing FAFSA/WASFA applications
In-person and Zoom assistance available by appointment only.
Green River College 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092
Student Affairs Building, Room 231