Undocumented Students (HB 1079 Scholars)
Although students in this status are not eligible for student aid from the federal government, the REAL Hope Act (also known as the Washington Dream Act) has expanded eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant to low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program's eligibility requirements and satisfy the following residency criteria:
- Graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED® (or will do so before beginning college), AND
- Lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning the high school diploma or equivalent, AND
- Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has developed a state application, WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid), for students who are unable to complete a FAFSA due to immigration status.
Academic Year 2018-2019
(Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019)
- Apply for WASFA
- If this is your first application, submit a Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit/Declaration/Certification to the Enrollment Services office.
You need to submit:
- 2017-2018 applications to attend Fall 2017 - Summer 2018
- 2018-2019 applications to attend Fall 2018 - Summer 2019
- Yes, you need to apply every year!
Note: Eligibility for the State Need Grant does not guarantee an award as the grant is awarded on a funds-available basis. The earlier you complete your application, the better chance you have for consideration of State Need Grant funds.
Log into the Financial Aid Portal to check your application status
Check the Financial Aid Portal to review your award or find out if you are missing any required documents. The portal is our primary communication tool with you regarding your financial aid.
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2449
Location: Student Affairs
and Success Center, 231
Hours of Operation
|8 a.m. - 7 p.m|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
2018-2019 Academic Year Applications (Fall 2018 - Summer 2019)
- Please complete 2018-2019 FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov or WASFA Application at Washington Student Achievement Council now!
- We no longer rquire Supplemental Financial Aid Applications. Refer to the Applying for Aid section.
Winter Quarter 2018
- Winter quarter tuition holds will be given to files completed by October 31.
2017-2018 Academic Year Applications (Fall 2017 - Summer 2018)
- We have received your complete financial aid application if you find an Item "READY TO REVIEW" on the Portal Information Needed section.
- We still need document(s) from you if you find any blank(s) in the Date Received column on the Portal Information Needed section.
PROCESSING UPDATES (Updated on December 14, 2017)
We are currently processing applications completed in December.