Undocumented Students


Undocumented Students

Welcome to Green River College! We support undocumented students on continuing your educational journey. We are here to help you succeed financially and meet your goals in life.

Our office is committed to protecting your personal data. Any information you disclose to our office is confidential and is not shared with anyone else beyond the state agencies required to disburse and administer your financial aid. More information about privacy protections for undocumented students and their families can be found here.

You CAN get financial aid in the state of Washington, even if you are undocumented, as long as you meet certain criteria to qualify as a Washington state resident!

Due to recent changes in Washington state law, it is even easier to qualify!

How You Qualify

1. You must have completed a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent (It doesn't matter if you earned it outside the U.S.!)

2. You must have lived in Washington for at least one year prior to your first quarter at Green River College

3. Submit a WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) by our priority processing deadline and list Green River College on your application. Within the WASFA application, you must commit to applying for permanent residency in the United States as soon as you can.

Need help completing your WASFA? Contact Shawn Warner at swarner@greenriver.edu.

But there is more information!

We encourage all students to also apply for scholarships in addition to submitting a financial aid application. Our Green River College Foundation offers over 300 scholarships to students regardless of their citizenship or immigration status, and the application opens twice a year in January and September. There are also many other organizations that provide scholarships specifically for undocumented scholars.

Other financial resources open to undocumented students include:


Effective January 19,

The Financial Aid Office will close to the public at noon on Fridays to allow for trainig and processing.

How can I check on the status of my aid?

Check your email along with the Tasks, Message Center, and Financial Aid tiles in your student homepage in ctcLink for updates on your financial aid. It may take several weeks and may take months for your aid to be processed depending on when you submitted your application. Contact our office if you have questions.

2024-2025 FAFSA/WASFA now available!

Renew your FAFSA/WASFA for the 2024-25 award year. This includes Summer 2024, Fall 2024, Winter 2025, Spring 2025.

Federal School Code

Our Federal School Code is 003780

Hours of Operation

Winter Quarter Hours of Operation

Phone Hours

Monday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Friday 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

In-Person Hours - SA 231

Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Friday 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM

Students are not required to make an appointment in advance, but wait times to speak with a staff member may vary. 

Help with completing FAFSA/WASFA applications

For FAFSA and WASFA application hlep, make a zoom or in person  appointment only.


View Closures & Special Hours

Contact Us

Email: finaid@greenriver.edu

Phone: 253-288-3392

Instagram: @grcfinaid

Office Address:

Green River College 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092

Student Affairs Building, Room 231


Submitting Documents

Secure Document Upload Tool

Fax: 253-288-3473