Washington State offers financial aid programs to students who are not eligible for federal financial aid because of immigration status. The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) administers the state financial aid and is committed to providing opportunities and support to ensure every Washington student is able to pursue education beyond high school.
To be eligible for the funding, undocumented students must meet one of the following standards:
- DACA standard
- 1079 standard
1. DACA Standard
Washington will continue to offer state financial aid and in-state with DACA who meet requirements.
If you have not enrolled yet:
- You must have a DACA status (can be expired or unexpired).
- You also need to live in Washington for one year (for reasons other than education) prior to enrolling in college.
2. 1079 standard
- You must graduate from a Washington high school (or earn a GED or equivalent) after livig in Washington for at least three consecutive years.
- Lived in Washington earning the high school diploma or equivalent until admitted to college
- Sign an affidavit (written promise) saying you meet teh above requirements. Non-U.S. Citizens must also promise that they will apply to become a permanent U.S. resident as soon as they are eligible. The affidavit is included as part of the WASFA.
- Both students without DACA or with DACA can qualify.
How to Apply
The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has developed a state application, WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid), for students who are unable to complete a FAFSA due to immigration status.
- Apply for WASFA for New User
If this is your first application, submit a Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit/Declaration/Certification to the Office of the Registrar.
- Apply for WASFA for Returning User
Make a correction/Add a school, submit an application for a new year
Academic Year 2019-2020 (Fall 2019 - Summer 2020)
Academic Year 2020-2021 (Fall 2020 - Summer 2021)
Yes, you need to apply every year!
Log into the Financial Aid Portal to check your application status
Check the Green River College's Student Financial Aid Portal to review your award or find out if you are missing any required documents. The portal is our primary communication tool with you regarding your financial aid.
*PLEASE CLICK TO SEE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION & RESOURCES FOR UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS
The Financial Aid Office is currently working remotely. Although you cannot visit our office in-person, we are still here to support you and answer your questions about financial aid via phone, email and Zoom.
Phone: (253) 288-3392
We are currently processing applications completed in November 2020. (updated on 12/11/20)
Need help paying for childcare, books, rent, food, or transportation?
Green River College offers limited grant funds to assist students with immediate financial needs. Fill out an online application today!
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
|Zoom & Email Hours|
|Monday - Friday 12 PM - 4 PM|
|Phone Hours (253) 288-3392|
|Monday - Friday 10 AM - 4 PM|
|Drop-in FAFSA/WASFA Assistance in Zoom|
|Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM|
|*Evening Hours* Thursday 6 PM - 8 PM|