Green River is upgrading to a new computer system to better serve students. In order for this transition to happen:
- All financial aid adjustments need to be completed by Friday, September 24th. This includes requests for loans and any adjustments to aid based on schedule changes
- The Financial Aid office will be closed to the public and unavailable to answer questions from October 1st to October 29th
- Financial Aid will be unable to send money to BankMobile or directly to students from September 28th through October 29th
Welcome to Green River College! We support undocumented students on continuing your educational journey. We are here to help you succeed financially and meet your goals in life.
Our office is committed to protecting your personal data. Any information you disclose to our office is confidential and is not shared with anyone else beyond the state agencies required to disburse and administer your financial aid. More information about privacy protections for undocumented students and their families can be found here.
You CAN get financial aid in the state of Washington, even if you are undocumented, as long as you meet certain criteria to qualify as a Washington state resident!
Due to recent changes in Washington state law, it is even easier to qualify!
How You Qualify
1. You must have completed a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent (It doesn't matter if you earned it outside the U.S.!)
2. You must have lived in Washington for at least one year prior to your first quarter at Green River College
3. You must commit to applying for permanent residency in the United States as soon as you can
Need help completing your WASFA? Contact Shawn Warner at email@example.com.
But there is more information!
We encourage all students to also apply for scholarships in addition to submitting a financial aid application. Our Green River College Foundation offers over 300 scholarships to students regardless of their citizenship or immigration status, and the application opens twice a year in January and September. There are also many other organizations that provide scholarships specifically for undocumented scholars.
- Betancourt-Macias Foundation
- Beyond HB 1079 Scholarship List
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
Other financial resources open to undocumented students include:
Office Closure for ctcLink Transition
Green River College is upgrading to a new computer system to better serve students. In order for this transition to happen, the Financial Aid Office will be unavailable to answer questions from October 1st to the 29th. We will make sure to answer any and all questions as soon as the new system is up and running. Thank you for your patience!
We are currently processing financial aid applications for fall quarter completed in April 2021 (updated on 8/17/2021)
How do I submit a document to Financial Aid?
Students can now submit files electronically to our office using our secure document upload tool. Students can continue to submit documents via the Financial Aid Portal, but we will no longer accept documents via email for security reasons.
Need extra money?
Fill out an online application for our Student Support Grant today! Depending on the type of request, applications for fall quarter submitted after September 11th may be unable to be sent funds until November due to our transition to ctcLink.
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
The Financial Aid Office will be closed to the public and unavailable to answer student financial aid questions via phone, Zoom, or in-person from October 1st to October 29th due to our college's upgrade to a new software system. If you have general questions about the financial aid process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org However, we will be unable to answer any questions specific to your account. We will begin responding to all emails after November 1, 2021. In the meantime, please check the Student Financial Aid Portal and your student email for updates regarding your financial aid. Documents can still be submitted to our office using our secure document upload tool at this time. Thank you for your patience!