Washington State offers financial aid programs to students who are not eligible for federal financial aid because of immigration status. The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) administers the state financial aid and is committed to providing opportunities and support to ensure every Washington student is able to pursue education beyond high school.
To be eligible for the funding, undocumented students must meet one of the following standards:
- DACA standard
- 1079 standard
1. DACA Standard
Washington will continue to offer state financial aid and in-state with DACA who meet requirements.
If you have not enrolled yet:
- You must have a DACA status (can be expired or unexpired).
- You also need to live in Washington for one year (for reasons other than education) prior to enrolling in college.
2. 1079 standard
- You must graduate from a Washington high school (or earn a GED or equivalent) after livig in Washington for at least three consecutive years.
- Lived in Washington earning the high school diploma or equivalent until admitted to college
- Sign an affidavit (written promise) saying you meet teh above requirements. Non-U.S. Citizens must also promise that they will apply to become a permanent U.S. resident as soon as they are eligible. The affidavit is included as part of the WASFA.
- Both students without DACA or with DACA can qualify.
How to Apply
The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has developed a state application, WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid), for students who are unable to complete a FAFSA due to immigration status.
- Apply for WASFA for New User
If this is your first application, submit a Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit/Declaration/Certification to the Office of the Registrar.
- Apply for WASFA for Returning User
Make a correction/Add a school, submit an application for a new year
Academic Year 2019-2020 (Fall 2019 - Summer 2020)
Academic Year 2020-2021 (Fall 2020 - Summer 2021)
Yes, you need to apply every year!
Log into the Financial Aid Portal to check your application status
Check the Green River College's Student Financial Aid Portal to review your award or find out if you are missing any required documents. The portal is our primary communication tool with you regarding your financial aid.
*PLEASE CLICK TO SEE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION & RESOURCES FOR UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS
Call Financial Aid Office
(253)833-9111 ext. 2449
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday-Friday
The Financial Aid phone line will be unavailable on Friday afternoon (10/23/2020) from 12:30 - 4:00 PM. Please visit our Zoom lobby if you need assistance during this time.
Chat with Financial Aid representatives via online Zoom. (You can get help with filing your FAFSA)
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Monday-Friday
The college offers Emergency Grant Fundings now. Click this Link to apply.
We are currently processing applications completed in May 2020. (updated on 9/18/20)
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
|Remote Service Hours (Zoom, Email)|
|12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday|
|10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday|
Phone: 253-833-9111, ext. 2449
Location: Student Affairs
and Success Center, 231